Chapter 3

Flashbacks~

The door opens,and I hear footsteps approaching. I don't really find it in myself to care who they are.
The person stops in front of my cell,I can even feel their gaze on me.
What more do you want ?I want to scream.
"Open the cell." His high voice orders.
I flinch at his voice .
"Yes,your Highness. "The magnetron jailor says and the metal bars disappear in the floor all too quickly.
When the sentinals footsteps on the hard stone eco out through the hall as he leaves, I wish I wouldn't have to be alone with HIM.
My hairs all over my face so I can't see his face but he sits on the floor,leaning on the oposit wall.
"I burned a red today with my own hands." He says breaking the silence" You know what his last words were?"
I try not to hear the weird tone of his voice. It's not sadness though, it's probably because he's not used to burning people.
He couldn't care any less about people.
I don't respond.
"Do you?" He shouts this time and I flinch visibly . He chuckles at this.
I should feel sorry for myself. I know flinch at little Mavey's barks.
"No."I whisper. I wish I didn't seem so weak.
Sitting here, hugging my knees ,a leash around my neck.
"He said I may have broken the lightening girl but more shall rise. Red as the dawn."He laughs mockingly as If quoting a child with silly dreams," It amazes me though . How far some fools can go with hope."
He taps his feet on the floor as if excited, "But they will die. They will all die because of the false hope you gave them ."

I don't know from where I find the courage to speak,"One day you'll be sitting on a throne on skulls of the people you were supposed to serve with good and there's gonna be no one for you left to rule."
He falls silent.
At a loss for words he stands up ,"I have more serious business right now."he says .
"My eyes and ears have informed me that Farley is pregnant. "He laughs mockingly, "I want to know who the lucky father is."
How the... eyes and ears?! He has spies amongst the Scarlet Guard?!
"Why on earth would the King of Norta even care?!" I ask him.
He scoffs,"I didn't think I had to explain this , too. Do you even think?! If there's an heir to my brother's legacy...there would be a real problem and I have to know so I can make arrengments..." he says smiling deeply as he remembers that Cal has none. He will not be known after his death. He will not even be remembered.
I should really laugh. Too bad I don't have it in me anymore.
Cal's baby?!
"not Cal's ." I say uninterested.
"How do you know?"he steps forward,bending his knees to level with me," oh, you don't think that he can be with someone else ?"he smirks," Especially when he so desperately needs an heir? I mean he must be an idiot not to think about it." He takes my chin in his hand,now intentionally hot, " You know, your story should become a book, The two fire brothers playing with lightening, has a nice ring to it ,don't you think? " You certainly played with me well.
I smile at him. He's almost offended that I do.
"It's because the baby is my brother's."
He draws back," The dead one? Hmm." He nods.

Sometime ago. I would have wished the good Maven magically appeared. I wished that it was all his mother controlling him that after she dies he comes to us and ask for forgiveness. After all he had done.
And you still hang on to Maven ,Cal had scolded.
But now, as I brush my hair out of my face to look at the man with blue eyes and a burning crown, I see nothing of the illusion I used to see.
"Maven. Wait."I call after him and he stops,turning on his heels.
"What would have happened if I had chosen you?"
He scoffs, "Regretting much?"
"Maybe I am!"
He steps forward again,kneeling in front of me. His blue eyes searching for a nonexistent lie.
"You wouldn't be as misreble as you're now. I wouldn't have to kill so many reds because Scarlet Guard would have been finished ages ago."
I don't exactly know who he's fooling right now.
"There's still things you can do to make up for your mistakes. "He smirks.
I made mistakes. But even if it could save my people I don't think I would have chosen differently. But now.
I don't have everything.
I might as well try to help reds.
How bad can it be?

~End of Flashbacks

I couldn't be more wrong about this now that I look back at it.
I sigh as I turn around in my bed, sitting on its edge. I carefully walk ,not wanting to disturb Kilron who's now sleeping on the floor.
I walk through the hallways ,I'm not yet used to. Kilron tried to show me yesterday, but I didn't pay any attention.
When I step out of the base , fresh air welcomes me.
I breath in ,hoping that I get a distraction.
"You okay?"
I jump back to see Cal behind me.
I nod slowly.
"You can tell me you know? It doesn't help to bottle up everything. "
"For the last time, I'm fine!" I shout at him.
"Take it off then." He challenges.
"What ?!"
"The damn collar. Take his collar off!"
"No." I stare down at my feet.
"No?"he questions angrily.
I make up excuses in my mind. Maven said it will leave me in pain.
I can't do that ,right?
"He has you like A PUPPET. I couldn't be more proud of my little Mavey." He says nonchalantly,turning on his heels.

Oh. You don't know just how much.

_________
Omg! Logan lerman as Maven! This pic is awesome! Have any of you pictured Maven like this? Wow! Even his smile is Maven-ish!

I can totally imagine him doing all the things he did!
Guys, tomorrow is the day of the competition, cross fingers for me?
Plus any actors/actresses you think that are really like red queen characters?
Love yall