Chapter 6

CAL'S POV
Mare's still unconscious.
What if Jullian made a mistake? What if she wakes up to the terrible pain in her neck? What if she was right ? What if the freaking collar had some unusual technology we can't place and we shouldn't have removed it?
These questions are killing me and to think Maven did all these... He hurt her...  it makes it hurt so much more.
My dear brother
I look at her face, her innocent figure sleeping soundlessly.
To think how much hurt she is.
To think I let it all happen.
I brought this upon her.
She sacrificed herself for me and for the people she loved.
I'll surrender.  I will not fight.  Just let them go. She said once.
And now.
Her sister is in danger.
Maven damn well knows how to control people.  Yeah well... he never had loved anyone  except for that viper he called mother... he doesn't know what it is to fight for them.
I just pity my father and how much he loved and cared for him.
Damn it. 
STOP THIS!

Mavey... just hope I don't get to you...

She moves in her bed,indicating she's awake.
"Mare. Mare. Can you hear me?"
She opens her eyes slowly.  My heart ponds in my chest as I take in the fear in her eyes.... what if...?
"Cal? W-what happened? " she asks.
"It's gone. Are you feeling better?"I tell her.
She jumps up in shock ,her hands supporting her as she looks at me, then slowly as if  scared her hands moves to her neck and when she can't find the collar there once were, she gulps.
"It's gone." She repeats and as if on cue her hands spark with her lightening and she stares at it with joy like a mother reuniting with her lost children.
"Told you. "I can't help but smile watching  the old Mare coming out of her broken mask.
"But... he... he will..." She says , fear written on her face.
Her face pales," No...no...no....you did it?? " she yells.
"Yes." I say confidently.
"You can't make choices for me. You can't take off this freaking collar around my neck when that's complete disobedience to the person who has my only sister and will now possibly kill her YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHAT I DO. " She shouts , though her voice is still weak.

" well. MARE. Here's a choice for you. "I snap back at her and throw  the letter at her.
The letter with the royal mark that is the signature of the King.
Maven's of course.
She picks it up as if unsure but when she sees the mark she quickly opens it. Her eyes reflect the fear raging within her.
She reads it quickly and I can't help but worry.
What is his plan now?
She looks at me and breathing heavily says.
"He wants to see me.
Tonight."
What?! I snatch the letter and read it. Feeling the urge to kick the wall with each word seeming to come out of his mouth as I read.
~
I see you've forgotten everything.
Pity. People never learn.
Tonight.
1786:65
Alone.  That is if you want to use the last chance to save her.
P.S:  Tell my brother to stay home. He wouldn't be leaving alive if he follows you.
M
~
"Tonight?  How the hell am I supposed to know where to meet him?!" She says worriedly.
Of course. I shouldn't be surprised.  She does want to go . If you want to use the last chance to save her...
"The number.  It's near the base .  30 minutes airtravel."
"Air travel ?!? I'm supposed to go alone!"
"Haven't you worked it out yet? He wants me to come and stay back while he does everything he wants with  you. To prove to me that I can do nothing. "
"No. You wouldn't be coming. " she disagrees .
"I would.  And that's not your choice.
Just as surrounding yourself to Maven, bargaining for our life was yours."
I leave her and retreat to my room .
What will I do when I finally see him again?

***
"You ready? Are you sure you wanna go?" I ask her.
She casts another glance to her reflection in the mirror.
"I'm going but I don't think you should come."
"I'm not gonna change my mind."I say harshly, "And you should stay out of this. It's none of your business. "
She looks like she's about to bark back at me yet she doesn't.  She shruggs and follows me to the airjet without a word.
Her silence goes on through the ride and I try to focus on driving rather than Maven. Or Mare.
The coordinations he sent repeat in my head.
Why ? I ask myself. Why somewhere so far from his castle and so close to our base. Does he know where we are? That can't be though.  He wouldn't waste a second to destroy the base if he did know. 
"Why do you even want to see Maven?" Mare asks out of the blue.
What the hell??!
"What do you mean why do I want to see him?!"
"You can't kill him. And you damn well know he's not stupid enough to go there unprotected.  You damn well know if you come ,you will go down with me. "

"I'm not a coward. "
"Not going doesn't mean you're a coward! Stop acting like a child and Think like a prince for once,Cal!" She shouts, "He knows you will come. Maybe even letting me go was his way of getting us both like this! Think like he does for once! He wouldn't fight you. He wouldn't even care if you call him a coward and challenge him. He will make you kneel . It wouldn't be a fair fight. It never is!"
I blink a few times at her sudden outburst. How dare she?
"You don't think I know that?! You don't think I know how he plays ? Well,you know what? I want to start playing the same game."
And I say nothing more.
We arrive finally ,I smoothly land the airjet near the area. And she doesn't say anything to stop me.
She just looks back at the jet ,and at my face in the light like it's her last time.
And with that we walk under the moonlight .
Past the trees and the huge forest,I can feel them.
I can feel their heat in the darkness as we soundlessly walk between the lines of trees. Mare is vigilant as I am. Both careful for we know how he plays.
And suddenly.
I feel him.
The only other person getting heat waves under his control. I quickly leave mare and hide back in the shadows.
Mare turns back to see why I just jumped back but a voice stops her.
A voice none of us want to hear.
"You can come out of hiding, Cal. I'm not stupid.  And you can't jump down and strangle me without me knowing. " I can hear his smirk in his voice.
And I step forward. " We meet again dear brother , ha?"
Moonlight shining above us.
His crown shines under it.

_____________
Okay okay there's no end to my apology.

Yup I know and I am sorry:((
Things all started when one of my dear readers commented on one of the chapters and said it really was not good. And to some part I both got discouraged and thought that maybe I can't continue.  But on the other hand.
So many of you told me to uodate :'( and I really thought that I'm an idiot for being discouraged so easily and I should continue.
So that's it. I KNOW . That it's not good enough.  Many MANY mistakes I know.
But I'm  sorry ; I'm gonna try my best.
And this chapter is short ; sorry but as you could have guessed next one is 😍😍😍
And SUMMER will be here in 2 weeks for me so I PROMISE to write so much more.
Thanks guys.
For everything.
I love you all 💜