Headaches and Ocelots

Chapter 1: Headaches and Ocelots

I groan as I sit up in my bed. It's still night out but I can't sleep. I had a series of nightmares that I can't escape from. My armor rests on the stand and my glowing sword faintly lights up the room.

My head pounds as I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Lukas sits there sadly as Petra began to cook something. Possibly cookies.

"Hey," I mumble.

"Hi Jesse," Petra whispers. Lukas only nods.

"What are you guys doing up?" I ask.

"I can't stop thinking about the Ocelots. You know, that survivor talked about seeing those jackets in the Witherstorm. They have to be out there."

I smile slightly. "I agree. We should go and save them. I mean, you're apart of our team now. If you want to save your friends, it's our duty to help."

Lukas gives me a large smile and Petra nods in agreement. I sigh and place my head into my hands. I groan as my head starts pounding. "Jesse? Are you okay?" Lukas asks.

I nod. "Just a headache."

Petra looks worried. "Jesse, why don't you lie down while I tell Axel and Olivia."

I don't try to complain. My head hurts to much. It might even be considered a migraine. I groan as I lay down on the couch. If only Reuben were here. He'd know what to do.

I hear them whispering about finding the Ocelots. That whispering turns into yelling. I feel some pint up rage break free. "That's it!" I yell at them, causing them to freeze in their tracks. "Can't we just get along for a moment?" I ask harshly.

Axel looks angry. I stand, which make my head pound even more. Petra and Olivia catch me. "Look," I begin weakly. "I may not be in the best shape ever, but we are going to help Lukas find his friends. I know you would do the same for me if I had lost some friends, so why is Lukas different?" I ask in rage.

"Jesse, he's an Ocelot. You know, the group that always beats us in the building competition." Axel complains.

"I don't care!" I exclaim. Axel looks hurt.

I rub my forehead. "Sorry," I mutter.

"It's fine Jesse." Lukas says.

"You can't tell Jesse it's fine! He was talking to me!" Axel exclaims.

"I've had it!" I yell, catching both of their attentions. "I'm sick of all this fighting. The competition is in the past. I don't care about differences. Lukas is apart of this team now and if he feels the need to help someone, then by Reuben we will go and find them. I would do the same for anyone of you in a heartbeat, so why are we rivaling?"

Before they can answer, I groan and fall further towards the wooden floor. "S-Something is wrong with Jesse," Petra stutters.

The world spins and I groan louder. Now Lukas and Axel are here, helping me up. Suddenly, it all passes with a faint pounding of a slight headache. "I-I think I can stand now." I say.

Carefully, I stand on my own. "Thanks."

Petra smiles. "It's what we're here for."

"Anyway, Lukas, I need you to saddle the horses. Petra, prepare to food. Make sure you have everything you need. We leave at noon." I instruct.

"Jesse, are you sure you can go?" Olivia asks.

I think about it for a moment. "I'm going to try."

With that, we race around the house, packing some building materials, weapons, and armor for the trip. After we're all done, we still have a while until noon.

"Why don't we ask around to see if we can get a lead," Lukas suggests.

We head into town and begin to ask some of the pedestrians about the Ocelots.

"I saw them quivering in a corner of the Witherstorm," a lady answers.

"They tried to destroy it with wooden pickaxes," a boy laughs.

"I'm almost positive I saw them land by the Witherstorm after you destroyed it." Another woman says.

I thank each of them and meet up with the others. "Most said they were last seen by the Witherstorm." I said.

"Same," the say simultaneously.

"I guess we will head to the Witherstorm and begin our search there." I suggest.

We all hop on our horses and gallop out of the city and into the forest, not knowing what journey lies ahead for us.

=•=

"I will not be made a fool again," the shadow murmurs and he codes something into a hidden glowing block. It was the darkest room of the figure's home and he hoped that he wouldn't get caught.

With one final code, the nine squares begin to glow and spin through multiple colors before settling on a bright red. Then the entire block itself turns red. The shadowy figure steps backward.

With a bright white light, a figure appears above the block. It examines its own hands and begins to laugh maniacally. "Ah! Who has raised me from my slumber?" It asks.

"It is I!" The figure exclaims joyously. He was happy to have finally perfected the code without his comrade's help.

"Thank you, master," the thing says.

"You know what to do. Go after Jesse and keep him from finding his true power."

The thing smiled and looks up, it's luminous white eyes lighting the dark room. "Of course."

With a swarm of purple particles, it's gone.

The figure places a hand on the red command block and laughs. "Now you'll get it Jesse. Now nobody will call me a coward!"