Soren the Deceiver

Chapter 4: Soren the Deceiver:

My stomach hurt and I felt about ready to pass out on the horse. Petra stared at me with concern written across her face. The others tried to play some games but, once again, I wasn't in the mood.

"Jesse, I think I see the house we escaped from!" Maya reports.

I perk up slightly. "Then let's get this over with."

We approach the oak wood house and knocked on the front door. It opens slightly, revealing a familiar orange haired man. "Soren?" We ask.

"O-Oh! Welcome Jesse. What c-can I do for you?"

I rub my face. "The Ocelots lead us here because they were attack by a mysterious man. Mind if we stay here until we figure it out?"

He looked like he wanted to say no when the sky turned dark and thunder rumbled. "I guess you guys can stay the night. I'll have Brian take your horses to the stables."

A green hooded man approached us, took the reigns, and left us at Soren's doorstep. "Come in!"

We walk into the cozy shack and realize how warm it is. "Soren?" I ask.

"Hmm?"

"Have you started any new experiments? I mean, after I accidentally destroy your last one?"

His eyes lighten up. "Oh yes! I've begun some very dangerous experiments down in the basement. You can't go down there unless you have some pretty well enchanted armor."

I nod. "Like what, exactly?"

"I've begun to mix mobs together, creating new species."

"Really?" I ask in awe.

"Of course! At first it was an attempt to genetically alter the typical enderman but eventually it lead to new and more fun creations. Although, most can be quite deadly."

"We just saved you from a Witherstorm and now you are mixing hostile mobs together. You must have a death wish."

He laughs nervously. "Something like that."

Soren escapes to the kitchen and begins to cook diner. "Are you guys sure that this his the place you were held hostage in?" I ask.

Gill looks the Maya, who nods. "Yes, I'm positive."

"Maybe Soren saved them from one of his creations?" Olivia suggests.

Maya shakes her head. "Our savior did not sound like Soren. His voice was much deeper. Kinda familiar."

"Who do we know that has a deeper voice than Soren's?" Petra asks.

"I don't pay that much attention to people. How am I supposed to know?"

"Dinner's ready!" Soren called.

The delicious dinner was eaten in silence. It consisted of some oddly tasting steak and bottles of water, which was slightly unusual, considering Soren always cooked his food to perfection.

"Soren?" Petra asks.

"Hmm?" Soren replies, food stuffed in his mouth.

"What's wrong with the food?"

I wanted to scold Petra for being rude to our friend but Soren already responded. "Is the food bad?" He asks, obviously lying.

"It just tastes off." Olivia says.

Just then, the world swims before me as if I was going through a Nether portal and I can no longer see. I hear the screams of my friends.

"You are now mine!" Herobrine's voice whispers as I feel his claw-like fingers dig into my arms.

"You betrayer!" Axel yells.

"I prefer the term deceiver." Was his response. It was small and broken, as if someone had forced him into this.

I heard the door open and people screaming. "Help!" I cry. I'm still blind and I can feel my captor's claws digging into me.

"Jesse, what's wrong?" Petra asks.

I can't speak anymore and I feel myself being pulled further away. Finally, I find a bit of strength and yell, "Run!"

I hear someone sob as I fall to my knees, still struggling against the demon. "Jesse!" The girls scream.

"Just. Don't. Listen. To. Me!" I pant loudly. My brain sears with pain and I feel myself blackout, being taken away as Herobrine's prize.

"Don't. Listen."

=•=

"I have him now sir," the shadow's creation smiles. The accomplishment was a great feat for Herobrine, considering that he was still slowly coming into his full powers.

The shadow claps. "Well done, Herobrine."

"Now am I to kill his friends?" The white-eyed demon asks in malicious excitement.

The shadowed man nods. "Yes, and if you can, destroy the other members of the fallen Order of the Stone."

Herobrine bows. "Yes sir. Your wish is my command."

He teleports away and the shadowed man gives off a hearty laugh. "Jesse will finally get it. He will become the monster he tries so hard no to be. I will finally win!"