Deadly Calm

Chapter 7: Deadly Calm:

Gabriel laughs. "This was supposed to be easy and quick. You were supposed to kill them and then live with the grief. The end."

Magnus looks really confused while Ivor burns with rage. "Gabriel! You said you were guilty for not telling anyone!" Ivor scolds.

"I wanted attention, like I always want. I didn't think that I'd lose everything for that. After all, nobody would suspect poor, guilty Gabriel."

Gabriel's sword tip scrapes my cheek as I continue to inch my way towards the sword. It wasn't hard because my old hero was too focused on his monologue.

But Herobrine noticed.

He teleported beside his master and kicked the sword further away from me. He growls as Gabriel laughs. "Well, Jesse. What do we have here? The little warrior trying to reach his sword?" He leans in.

"Pathetic!" He spits.

I wanted to sink into the ground but I knew that was impossible. I was forced to face reality. Gabriel wanted me dead.

Mustering up all the bravery I had, I say, "If you think you're such a brave and true warrior, then kill me."

"With pleasure!"

The blade is swung and I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I could feel myself dying and Gabriel walks away to face the others. Petra runs to me and I can feel her pick up my head. "Jesse!" The faint voice screams.

"Petra..." I cough up something wet.

"Jesse!" She cries.

The world around me begins to turn black and I smile at her. She was the girl I love and I wouldn't die without telling her that.

"I...love...you..." I say tiredly.

"Jesse, stay with me!"

I can no longer see and I can no longer feel anything. The clashing of swords can be heard as well as my friends crying over me. "Remember..."

Consciousness leaves my body and the last thing I hear was a powerful scream.

=•=

I watched as Jesse died in my arms. He died with a smile and I knew he'd be with Rueben again.

I heard screaming and I realized that it was coming from me. I was so upset and I felt my heart break apart. I turn around and see Gabriel battling the rest of the old Order.

"You did this!" I scream at him.

Gabriel chuckles.

I draw my enchanted golden sword and attack the man that killed my lover. Blinded by rage I hack and slash. Unfortunately, Gabriel knocks me to the ground. "Love is for the weak." He says.

Olivia shoots an arrow and it lodges in his arm. He lets out a scream and pulls it out. "I am a warrior. Do not think that I cannot handle one arrow."

"You aren't a warrior! You're a coward!" I scream.

"If I'm a coward, then everyone else here are cowards. I am a god! You cannot kill me!"

"Arrogant much?" I hear Axel mutter.

"You're psycho!" Lukas exclaims.

Gabriel laughs. "Really?"

"Gabriel, think this through! You have your revenge on Jesse! Now leave us alone!" Olivia yells, trying to pound some sense into Gabriel's mind.

"My dear Olivia, you aren't going to get me to stop anytime soon."

With that sentence, we begin to fight.

=•=

As the groups fought mercilessly against the psychotic shadow, they failed to notice that their fallen friend's body had disappeared.

Jesse's consciousness had left the Overworld and took his body with it. He awoke in a golden room and heard a familiar call of his name. "Jesse!"

He turns around and sees his mother and father in golden armor. They had died when he was eleven due to a house fire and lead Jesse to always help his friends so they didn't suffer the same fate. "Mom! Dad!"

He runs up and hugs them. Something bumps into his leg and he looks down. "Rueben!"

His best pig friend nuzzles him and they were now in a giant group hug. When they pull away, Jesse's mother looks him in the eyes with a sad smile. "Look at how big you are, my son."

Tears slide down Jesse's face. "I missed you Mom."

"What about me?" His father asks, he ageless blue eyes sparkling with humor.

"You too Dad." They share a glance and he looked at them, confused. "What?"

"Jesse, we have something to tell you."

"What, Mom?"

"Honey. We're not actually dead neither are you."

Jesse's mouth drops open. He had saw their bodies in the fire. He had saw them burn. "You're joking, right?"

"We are not joking. You are alive and we are going to send you back to the Overworld."

"Where are we?" He asks, taking in what they just said.

"We are in the Aether, a dimension for the fallen."

"Then how are we alive?"

"We rule over the Aether," His father explains.

"Wait, you guys faked your deaths?" He asks incredulously.

His mother looks down in embarrassment. "It was for your own good."

"My own good? My own good? Mom! I cried every night because of you guys and now you tell me you fake your deaths?"

"Honey, I know how you feel, but if we hadn't left, then you wouldn't have become such a kind and brave young man."

"Mom! How could you!" Jesse asked.

His father pulls him over a small pool of water and waved his hand over it, bringing up a picture of Petra fighting Gabriel. "This is happening right now down there. Your friends are being beat by an enemy far greater than any world needs."

Jesse's mother places gentle hands on his shoulders. "You need to help them, otherwise they will fall. You may not be able to fully die like us, but your friends will be bound to these lands of you don't stop this."

Jesse realized what he must do and turns to face his parents. "So what's the game plan?"

"Have you ever heard of respawning?"