Jesse-brine

Chapter 5: Jesse-brine:

I woke up in the middle of a forest as memories of last night clicked into place. I remembered my friends and how Soren betrayed us.

It made me angry.

It wasn't typical anger. No. This was revenge anger.

I tried to shove those feelings down but I couldn't do it. I found it much to difficult to deny these feelings. Ah, so the almighty Jesse has finally awaken.

"Who are you?" I ask the person inside my head.

Oh you already know that answer. You are finally mine. Herobrine answers.

I step back. "Get out of my head!" I yell. Anyone around me would've thought I was mad.

I won't be doing that. You are mine, therefore you have what I have. Power, master, and drive.

Any feeling I had ever experienced within that moment had been replaced with anger. "No," I mutter.

Yes.

"I will not let you win."

I feel something grip my chest and I fall on my knees in front of a small pond. My eyes squeeze shut. "Why me? Why not Gabriel or Ivor? Ivor has drive!" I exclaim.

Ah, but you, my darling Jesse, are the easiest to overcome. You have the power, yet you are a loose cannon.

My eyes are forced open when the squeezing stops. In the water I see my typical brown hair but something was wrong. Very wrong.

My eyes were the soulless white I feared.

So does the poor warrior finally believe me? Will he finally let me win?

"Never," I mutter, a feeling of insanity washing over me.

Oh my. I fear you have given me the wrong answer. Herobrine chuckles as he makes my hand catch on fire as well as the trees around me.

Look at the destruction that you've caused.

Instead of feeling dread or anger, a feeling of proudness settles in my heart. Instead of wanted to stop it, I wanted more.

You now feel what I feel.

"Herobrine. Please, stop," I plead.

"Jesse?" I hear Petra whimper.

I turn around and find the redheaded blackmarket girl behind me, looking scared as she's processing what has happened. "No. Jesse, no!"

Herobrine- no- I laughed. "See what has happened to me?" I angrily ask her, my voice intertwining with Herobrine's. "We are one in the same. We are powerful."

Instead of running, she walks toward me. "Jesse, I know you're in there somewhere."

I walk towards her and smile. "Oh but my darling Petra, he's no longer here."

"Jesse, please! I need you to fight this!" She exclaims.

I form a fireball in my hand and stare at it. The Jesse part of me screams to extinguish it while the Herobrine part wants me to burn her. Jesse took over for a moment and screamed, "Petra!"

Petra looked hopeful for a moment but I regain equilibrium. I place a cruel hand on her cheek. "If only Jesse were strong enough."

I look away and and feel the inner conflict between them. "Run!" Jesse screams.

Petra runs and I advance on her with fire in my veins. Thunder rumbled about and lightning struck the ground. Herobrine's rage burned throughout my body.

I wanted revenge.

=•=

Jesse's words rang in my head as I continued to run from him. "Don't. Listen."

But, of course, that was before Herobrine took over him.

Tears flowed down my face as I avoided the lightning strikes and fireballs. I hear a scream of rage and realized that Jesse was fighting Herobrine inside of himself!

It was upsetting to see him this way, but I had to listen to his last real words.

I took many twists and turn and ended up back in our hideout by the cave. "Petra!" Olivia exclaims as I run in.

"He's out there." I say.

Silence washes over the group. The Ocelots (minus Aiden) and the new Order of the Stone (minus Jesse) were exchanging glances.

"Let's go and get him then!" Lukas says, raising a hand up in triumph.

I look up and feel more tears race down my cheeks. "If only it were that simple Lukas."

I sink to the ground. I can feel all of their states on me, for usually I don't show this much emotions. "Petra. What do you mean?"

"Herobrine is currently taking over Jesse's body!" I sob, earning some gasps.

"So Herobrine is now in Jesse?" Olivia asks.

"No."

They all look at me in confusion. "Jesse's fighting him. It was weird. One moment, evil Jesse would try to kill me and then he'd look confused."

"We have to help him!" Axel exclaims, pulling out some Super TNT.

I stop him immediately. "No. We have to let Jesse fight Herobrine on his own. We can just destroy him!"

Axel pouts. "The how are we supposed to help him?"

Olivia pulls out a book from her backpack. "I may have an idea."

=•=

Jesse's eyes go wide when he sees the room Herobrine had teleported him too. It was evil with cauldrons and shelves of books. Diamond swords were littered everywhere, much to the boy's surprise.

The man who needed them must've been very rich.

The shadowed figure claps. "Well done, Herobrine! Take him over so we can talk."

Jesse's face turns into a shocked expression. "You? You did this?"

He looked about ready to let Herobrine take over.

"Herobrine stop!" The shadow commands.

"Yes, Jesse," the shadow spits, "it is I! And I will finally get my glory. I had it all before you put my story to shame! Now I get to destroy yours."

Jesse's soulless eyes glow bright with anger. "Not if I kill you first."

The shadow laughed. "Now you can't do that. Herobrine obeys me. I am his master. He's now apart of you, therefore, you cannot kill me."

Jesse just glares. "Herobrine, take over." The shadow commands.

Jesse's face contorts with pain before a very misplaced malicious smile appears. "Yes master?"

"Have you found the others?"

"No sir. They have hidden somewhere beyond my knowledge, but I will find them soon."

The shadowed man sits down. "Good, good."

Herobrine smiles and teleports away.

This time, instead of screaming to the wall, the shadowed man picks up a diamond sword off the ground and admires its shiny blade. It was a beautiful piece of work that he loved creating and now he could use it once again.

Not for showing off, but for slaughter.