Aetherian

Chapter 8: Aetherian:

"Petra! Look out!" Olivia screamed.

I dived to my left and just narrowly avoided an arrow shot from a skeleton in the trees. Theses guys were harder to defeat than I thought.

Gabriel was busy fighting the old Order and we somehow got stuck with the demon that can raise an undead army to fight us.

Go figure.

The sun was slowly setting and the monsters that were hiding under the trees came out. There was wave after wave and I found it difficult to actually kill them without the help of Jesse.

Sure, the others were great, but I hadn't really connected with them. Jesse was the link that held us together and now I wasn't sure. I mean, I was the type of person that work alone.

I continued to fight my way through the hordes of monsters. They were merciless and seemed smarter than they usually are.

Zombies fell, one after one. Skeletons only helped with that process but somehow they kept on coming. I could hear the other fighting in the background but I couldn't help.

I hear a scream and turn around to find Olivia has fallen into a group of zombies. "Olivia!" I yell, running towards her.

I help her up after killing the zombie and she smiles. "If only Jesse were here," she whispers.

I feel a tear run down my cheek. "Yeah, if only."

We were about to fight some more when all of the monsters disappeared in thin air. We face Gabriel and find Herobrine standing behind him. He smiles evilly, his black eyes no longer showing any mercy or innocence.

It was obvious that he didn't just want Jesse to suffer.

"Gabriel, please stop! We're your friends!" Magnus attempts to plead.

Instead of stopping, our enemy laughs while Herobrine smiles. "If you were truly my friends then you would've kept our fake story a secret!" He yells, a feeling of betrayal etched in his voice.

Gabriel whispers something in the demon's ear. Almost as soon as the stopped talking, Herobrine raised his hand and we all went flying backward. I was lucky enough to hit the ground while Axel ended up upside down against a tree. My sword was barely too far for me to reach.

Herobrine descended on my like a lion on a gazelle. It upset me that I was the gazelle in this situation. He lifted my chin so I would look him in the eye. "You were the thing he loved the most. Why don't you join him?"

He lifted his pickaxe, a weapon that (according to myth) was his most deadly, and prepared to swing. I couldn't fight him off. I just looked at my friends and thought about how I'd see Jesse soon.

As Herobrine swung the tool, a bright light appears and a man in golden armor uses his diamond sword, stopping the pickaxe right my my throat.

=•=

Mom and Dad sent me back through this thing called respawning. It wasn't painful or anything. I just closed my eyes and I woke up in a bed somewhere, my blue armor replaced with Aetherian armor.

We had planned for me to fight off Herobrine while the others would take down Gabriel. I hated that he tried to kills us by using that mind demon. He was my hero and now he wanted me dead.

I flashed to the spot I had died (a skills my parents taught me) and found that Petra was about to be killed by Herobrine. I used my lucky sword to block his blow and he looked in surprise. "You!"

He backed up and began circling around me. "He killed you! How are you here?!"

I lunge and our weapons hook together, making it nearly impossible to get out of. "This isn't the first time I defied death," I say.

Herobrine growled.

I look up. "You guys take care of Gabriel! I've got him."

They nod stiffly, which reminded me that I still have on the stupid helmet that covered most of my face. I didn't like to wear helmets because it limits my movement. They run over to a shaken Gabriel with weapons ready.

I turn back to Herobrine and let him up. We circle each other until finally he lunged. I parried and we held our weapons together. They began to glow brighter and the more we pushed against each other, the harder it got to hold the position.

Herobrine seemed to be struggling just as much as I was. It surprised me that someone with such great power wasn't using his powers to stop me.

Herobrine let out a scream and the glow exploded against him, sending him flying. The monster that had terrorized me for so long now looked so helpless.

I held my sword against his throat and I saw something that surprised me.

He, the great and powerful Herobrine, looked scared.

"L-look," he said, "I'm under the influence of him." He points to Gabriel that is still sparring against my friends. "I have no control. He's making me do this. I really am I good person."

I almost wanted to laugh. According to all the myths of Herobrine, he is merciless. He doesn't care about anything unless it benefits him. Even if he wasn't under the coding influence, he'd still terrorize Minecraftia. It would send the world into another Herobrine Era.

"I'm sorry," I mock, "but I can't do that."

I didn't want to officially say that I've killed a man, but I had done it. Herobrine lay there, motionless, on the ground before disappearing into code that disappeared in the sun. He was finally gone, and now I had to deal with Gabriel.

I ran over to the group and found Gabriel tied up on the ground. He now looked scared but couldn't say anything. "Mystery Man? What should we do with him?" Magnus asks.

"We should kill him. That way he'd never hurt anyone else ever again," Axel suggests.

"Axel!" Olivia exclaims.

"I kinda have to agree with Axel for once. I think he should pay for what he's done," Petra says.

"Maybe we could send him to Notch City's Dungeon. That way he will never escape," Olivia suggests instead, trying to be the peacemaker since they still thought I was dead.

Now I had to choose. Either kill my hero, or let him live in prison for the rest of his life. Everyone's eyes were on me.

I had to make the decision and they were waiting.