Fervid Gazes

hey guys omg your unbelievable I mean 27 likes, amazing well thanks sorry for the late update....well enjoy

I never believed in beasts who stole away the night and took the lives of innocent people until now...

Clara Pov

As I felt my eyes flutter open, getting ready for the harsh impact of  the sun, I blinked, there was none. I turned over to see my blinking alarm clock proclaiming that it was approximately 3 o'clock in the morning. I rubbed my throbbing temples, what had happened yesterday? Suddenly, it came to me, images flashed across my mind, I shuddered hugging the beige blanket closer to me. I tried to close my eyes trying to erase those disturbing images, but, they seemed forever engraved in my brain.

I opened my eyes to see blood, everywhere, I put my head in my blanket and screamed. I looked at my hands that were masked in crimson, red, blood, I began to shake, why was this happening to me? I feel back onto my creaky bed and as soon as I opened my eyes again the bloody scene that was displayed in front of my eyes mere seconds ago, had disappeared. Leaving behind the normal whitewashed walls and the elegant furniture. I breathed out a sigh of relief, and plopped myself back onto my comfortable bed.

I swear, I tried to sleep with all my might, but, I just couldn't. So, I decided to do the most rational thing that I could do at 3 in the morning-go for a walk. I needed to clear my head, so, not bothering to change, I crept silently down the hardwood floored hallway leading to freedom. My attire included short white shorts with a pink tank top, speaking of which...How exactly did I get changed? I blushed at this thought, not paying any attention to where I was stepping and,of course, stepped on a creaky floorboard. I cursed under my breath and ran to a nearby corner, breathing hard, hoping that no one would find me.

I heard a door bang open and a husky, masculine voice ask. "Who's there"? I gulped, this man's voice sounded ferocious and cold. Who knows what he would do if he found me? I soon heard a huge sign and footsteps trudging back, and the once again, obvious door slam. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued my journey .

As soon as I reached the fresh air that the dark night had delivered, I took in a huge whiff and stretched. The melancholy moon shone its light casting eerie shadows on the ground. I began to walk, curiously excited to see the mysterious grounds unfold before me. I began to stroll down a paved road near a beautiful forest, humming to myself, a song that I distantly remembered. As soon as I caught a glimpse of  a fountain, I squealed happily like a little child, and ran over to the watery structure, but, instead of gracefully landing on the edge of the fountain, I fell into it.

I came up from its watery depths disgruntled and surprised but, instead of getting out like a normal human. I decided to play in the fountain, the water was about ankle deep and in the warm weather it felt nice against my skin. I let out a groan into the fresh night air, it echoed throughout the vast campus grounds, and I blushed at my action.

Suddenly, my skin prickled and I felt as if someone was watching me. Whipping my head around, I shifted my gaze at the dark alluring forest. That seemed to beckon and call me, I was about to walk toward the dark kingdom, when a voice in my head warned me to be cautious. Like an idiot, I ignored my intuition and let the urge take over, I made my way into the dark forest and just started walking. Not sure of were I was going, I glanced up at the towering oaks and spruces, taking in the beauty all around me. All that was heard resounding through the forest was the soft pitter patter of my feet and the occasional wind that left the trees shaking and rattling. It was quiet-to quiet.

I heard a rustle and my head shot up, leaving its wandering gaze focused on one spot. I saw a flash of pale blond hair, and then it was gone, as if it had never been there in the first place. I rubbed my eyes placidly wondering if I was delusional or just losing my mind? Out of nowhere I heard a loud shout and was knocked off of my feet onto the soft, dirt clad ground. "Oww". I groaned looking up trying to decipher what had just happened.

I looked up to see an angry, brooding face, that had a frown deeply engraved on it. It was like he always had that expression on, like he never smiled. "What do you think your doing"? The boy yelled in an angry, snippy tone. "What do you mean"? I asked evidently confused, I mean what was I doing wrong? "Walking outside at night, trying to take pictures of the night class"? He asked a sour expression taking over his handsome features, I gave him a scrutinizing look. "I really don't know what you mean"? I started to say but his deep voice cut me off. "I bet your one of those girls that gets everything you want, daddy buys you everything doesn't he"? His grin twisted and contorted his features I felt myself freeze up at the mention of my father.

As he continued to talk I felt the tears begin to leak down my cheeks, as that night flashed before my eyes. 'No stop it Clara'. Argued one part of my brain,but, I just couldn't. They just kept coming, hitting the forest floor in huge drops. "Well not this time, this is something you can't have"! Exclaimed the boy concluding his rant and turning to face me, the expression on his face was unreadable. I bet my eyes were red rimmed now, probably puffy, and overflowing with tears, I could barely bring myself to look up-to face him. But, amidst all of the pain I looked him straight in the eyes and stuttered out. "My family's dead". Before he could even retort I ran away hoping to get far away from him, anyone else, and the pain.

So any thoughts?? spill your guts share them and I promise that I will respond!!