Chapter 5

Gaia, Harold, Eve, August, and Coral have all just been looking in and out of books writing anything they can get about portals. I've escorted them to the portal itself many times, and they all looked overwhelmed every time they've went. I admit it, I've had to protect them from a few of the releasing energy, and they've thanked me every single time. 

This time, as I was on my free time, I went by the lake. The sun was shining and the bird were chirping. I decided to put my hair through the clear waters. Once it touched the cool water, I began to relax. I felt all of my stress from these past few days just wash off. I smelled the sweet scent of some of the greenery nearby, and it made me just want to get away from this life.

I closed my eyes and listened to everything nearby. The sound of the river nearby flowing into the lake, the sound of the trees rustling, and even the wind made it seem like it was someplace else. I only got into this zone when I was completely alone and relaxed. 

Just then, the sound of something flying through the air took me out of my world. I quickly rolled out of the way as this arrow with a visible, red aura nipped my ear. It gritted my teeth in pain, and I just briefly saw this short silhouette run away. 

"Hey!" I said as I grabbed my sword and headed towards it. 

They ran all these different directions. Left, right, made a few sharp turns, but I kept at the person's trail. I followed them until they jumped into the portal. Something plonked on the ground, and I looked to see an old leather book. It had a red bookmark sticking out at the bottom, and the cover was in this writing I didn't understand: એલેક્સ Nalid અભ્યાસ 

"Nalid?" I said to myself. "Is this.... no Gunnhild." I just shook my head and decided to take this to scholars. 

I put it in my satchel, but I was then hit with this wave of energy. It burned, yet I didn't cripple to the ground. I ran, surprisingly without much pain, back to Altan's library. There, Sir August was reading something on auras. He looked up immediately when he saw me.

"Gunnhild," he said getting up. "Why do you look so pale? Are you hurt? Did you find something?"

"In fact," I replied getting the book out. "I just got smacked by some of the energy from the portal."

"What?! Why would you be near there?"

"I was shot at, and I followed this person. Turns out they came from the portal itself, and they dropped this book." I held out the ancient feeling book out to him, and he took it from my hand. He adjusted his glasses and read the cover. He opened it and scanned through the writing on the inside.

"This isn't in any language I've seen," he said. "All I understand in this book is the word Nalid which is your last name."

"Any idea on where this could've come from?" I asked.

"Eve might know. She supposedly studies languages so that way she can decipher any relics."

"Where is she right now?"

"I believe she went to the castle library for more information on magic." August packed his things up quickly and threw his bag over his shoulder. "Come on. We need to get to her immediately. I'm still shocked that you didn't get hurt by the portal."

"So am I."

We both ran as fast as we could to the Cathedral. What we were later on up against made me realize the situation of this problem.

K.C.T: PEOPLE COMIN' THROUGH DA PORTAL?!?! UH-UH! That's just the definition of bad news. I'm serious! Like, who thinks that some demon coming out of a portal of doom is a good thing? *Sees someone raising their hand* Okay, well, one of you does, but many others don't! Anyways, Everybody say bai! OOWAY! <3