Chapter 15

"Your son," I said to Kim in Balten. "He died in the Demonic Wars, did he?"

"Yes," she replied. "Like your son, dead by Demon Soul. However, he not resurrected into one. One become resurrected when not completely pure. In other words, he has something he need to say to world."

I then started tearing up. I was both confused and shocked. I had this strange power to destroy this Demon Lord, but I wasn't able to save my son? What is with these strange sayings from the past? Why couldn't I have gained this power back then? Am I just that weak?

Gunnhild, stop it. Feeling bad for yourself all these years isn't going to change anything. You need to let this go. No matter how much this hurts you inside, this entire world of the seven species needs you now.

"Kim," I said. "I've... never felt a power within me before. The power that Jasmine had is nothing compared to what I currently possess."

"Which is why I help you grab power from within," she said while smiling at me. "Now...." 

Suddenly, her eyes began to glow an orange color as she blew a gray powder over everyone's faces expect mine. Before I could understand what she was doing, everyone fell to the ground slowly.

"What did you do to them?" I asked, running towards Aelflaed and Iznik.

"Oh ho ho!" Kim chuckled. "Don't worry. They just asleep. When they wake, they won't remember anything that happen."

"Why did you do that?" 

"Gunnhild, this something only you do on own. If they get involve, bad things could happen." Kim took my hands into her large, stony ones. "Please understand. I will be there, but other friends can't know of training. Who know what Demon Lord can do."

I opened my mouth in protest, but I quickly shut it close. It was more of myself bargaining with my mind to keep secrets locked up inside me, but I still had Kimberlite to help me with my stress this time. 

Besides, I didn't want anyone getting hurt; especially Kosar, seeing how she can only keep off maybe one to three Demon Souls. I can't imagine what would happen if everyone I loved and cared for just.... no Gunnhild. Stop thinking that way.

Now, it was just time to listen to what Kim had to train me for.

"Well, will you allow me to take these two Elves and Kosar back to their places?" I asked.

"That not necessary," Kim responded while waving her pouch of powder in front of me.

"Doesn't that stuff run out? Surely you'll need it for something more important....?"

"Ah," she said while waving her hand. "Troll and Fairy powder made from flowers. Much abundance so no shortage. Of course, one must ask plant politely, otherwise it shoot blindness powder in face."

I flinched and whistled at that thought. Becoming blind because you were rude to a part of nature. I mean, I understood that plants were a part of these seven species, but it's so.... intense to imagine them fighting back with such violence.

"I thought plants were passive creatures," I blurted.

"They are," Kim answered while sprinkling this purple powder over everyone. "But even pacifist snap with anger."

After she was done spreading powder over everyone, they slowly began to vanish into thin air. It was quite interesting to look at, to be honest. It made me become curious, but still cautious of everything.

After all, I just realized that I was a descendant of Jasmine Crystalline.

"So," I said after a while of silence. "When do we start?"

"How about now?" she replied.

"Wait. In an area I'm not familiar with?"

"Altan not home town of Jasmine. She only protect because she love seven species and everyone same level."

"Huh?" Now I was just becoming confused. "What was her hometown, then?"

"Where you come from: Balt." Just then, Kim's eyes glowed red as she threw a red powder towards me. "Think fast!"

K.C.T: Oooohhhh~ More cliffhangers! I know, I know. I'm pretty mean with this stuff, but c'mon! The more cliffhangers, the better the book gets. More suspense= more readers. More readers= more people who realized they love reading. Anyways, can't stay for long here. Everybody say bai! OOWAY! <3