Chapter 16

I crossed my arms in front of me to block the attack with them. It was a reflex that grew onto me when I first became a guard in Altan. If you didn't have a weapon, and you and your opponent were going one on one with your fists, then crossing your arms in front of you would be the best defense. 

They never said anything about magic though, so I was going at a luck of the draw here.

I closed my eyes and turned my head the other way, just waiting for some sort of pain to shoot through me. However, I didn't feel pain. No. Instead I felt this strange feeling sweep through me like I was fully refreshed after a hard day of working.

I opened my eyes and looked at Kim, and I saw that this light blue half sphere appeared in front of me. It was absorbing the strange magic that Kim threw at me, and when I put my hands down, the shield also lowered.

"W-what was that?" I asked Kimberlite. "How did that just appear in front of me?"

"That's magic," she replied. "Your magic."

My magic. My magic. My own body and soul created magic!

My eyes widened at this realization. I let out a breathy chuckle while flipping my hands over and over again. I was shaking from the sudden smack of information, but it wasn't a bad feeling. Sure, I was still a bit uneasy, but I was so amazed!

"I... I can't believe this," I breathed. "I've never in my life been able to seek out this... power."

"Because something always hold you inside self," Kim explained. "Of course, Alex.... death hold you back, but something else hold you back."

I bit my bottom lip at that statement. Yes, Alex's death did hurt me, and I did forget who I was for a while. But something before him was what made me turn bitter and cold-hearted. I kept myself and my feelings bottled up until I just went crazy.

But then.... someone helped me out of that insanity: him.

I shook my head of the memory. "I don't wish to speak of that thing that held me back. I just wish to continue on this training. I wish to save everyone from.... everything's that has been going on."

Kim sighed before she spoke. "Alright, Gunnhild. However, if want to speak, you know who there. For now-" She yawned and stretched her non-fleshy muscles. "It getting dark. I teleport you home?"

I looked into the sky, and I just realized that the moon was out in the dotted sky of dark blue. Wow... time flies by when you have a lot to take in. I just hope the day shift is merciful enough to let me think a bit more before I turn in for the night.

"Alright," I replied. "Do you have enough powder to teleport me home?"

"Oh ho ho!" she laughed. "When do I not?"

She took out the purple powder from before out of her bag and placed a little bit into her hand. It sparkled a pretty, white color that reflected in the moonlight. Kim looked into my eyes before I nodded. She blew the powder towards me, and I was slowly fading onto my porch.

Now, to start thinking of a few things. But I'll get dressed into my nightgown beforehand. I would have to wear that uncomfortable armor the next morning, and I might as well enjoy the softness of my home clothing.

I walked into my home and locked the door behind me. I entered my living room which only had a small table with a few chairs, a fireplace with wood piled beside it, a wall full of books from Loyla, Corinth, and the Elven Forest.

It's a bit humorous how my kitchen is merely the fireplace while my living room is more fancy than the ash covered area.

I walked down the short hallway into my room. It wasn't too amazing. It was just a small, cube-like area. The walls were made of dark oak wood from Rome. The floor was mostly covered by a carpet knitted and crafted from Egypt, and a dark oak bed and table sat on either corner of the room.

I walked over to my closet, and opened it to reveal the few clothes that I owned. I never went to the shops to buy clothing because they were always covered by my heavy armor. And I rarely ever took the armor off in public.

Before my vision could properly set on my nightgown, I felt a strong hand go over my mouth and pull me back. 

I screamed as loud as I could, but I knew that wouldn't work. I struggled the best I could against this person's grasp, but they were extremely powerful. I then kicked their knee, but all they did was wince lightly, not loosen their grip on me.

"Struggle anymore, and I'll be sure to end your life," a familiar voice whispered into my ear. "Gunnhild Nalid."

Just then, I felt something cold and rough go onto my neck before I fainted in the person's arms.

K.C.T: Dem cliffhangers man. Ya gotta love 'em. CAUSE I LOVE PUTTIN' 'EM IN DEEZ BOOKS! XD Anyways, I know I'm evil with this stuff, but what can you expect? I love writing, but I need a boost just as you guys get a boost to read more! See what I'm getting at here? No? Fine. Anyways, everybody say bai! OOWAY! <3