Notes for book

K.C.T: Here are some of the notes I took for the book to get all this crazy fantasy together! Trust me, it's hard making fantasy when it all has to come together at some point.

Relationships:

Elves+Trolls: Enemies
Plants+Everything: Besties for life (depends)
Demon Souls+everything: Enemies
Fairies+everything: Are messengers and pranksters
Humans+everything: Uneasy with each species.
Animals+Everything: Just trying to get by
Elves+Everything: Has each species to help

Specific relationships:

Iznik+Mira: Brother and sister elves.
Iznik+Gunnhild: Good friends (maybe more)
Gunnhild+Alex: Mother and son.
Gunnhild+Demon Lord (John): Divorced
Gunnhild+Aelflaed: Best friends
Aelflaed+Iznik: "Enemies" for Gunnhild's attention
Aelflaed+Mira: Close friends
Kimberlite+Mira: Old enemies
Kimberlite+Gunnhild: Master and apprentice (turns into mother and daughter relationship)
Kimberlite+Iznik: Uneasy enemies.
Kosar+everyone: Good friend

Storyline:

Gunnhild is a dame who is known as the "Fair Maiden" because of her beauty. She despises the nickname, and she is usually found doing tasks for the king and the Royal Court, or she is near the pond in the woods.

While visiting Aelflaed, an elf by the name of Iznik comes along and flirts with her. He tried to win her over, but Gunnhild is just annoyed and pushes him aside until a guard comes to take her.

She explains to the Royal Court of a portal that is strange and the Court seems to think that it's a way into the Underworld. They call over five scholars from different parts of the world that are to investigate the portal and study it's properties. One of them is a traitor from Corinth Greece.

Gunnhild then comes across his book full of notes from the Underworld. It has the name of Alex Nalid, her son, on the book. She brings it to the scholars, but they can't read it because it's mainly in Ancient Elven: a long forgotten language. Or so they thought until Iznik says he understands Ancient Elven.

The traitor scholar from before then begins to tease and flirt with Iznik, but Gunnhild seems to save him. Gunnhild and Iznik grow close over the days, and they investigate together.

One day, Gunnhild meets a troll who tells her of the seven species: Humans, Animals, Trolls, Plants, Elves, Fairies, and Demon Souls. She tells her how they all lived in harmony until a war broke out between the Demon Souls. Some of the species took sides while a few were neutral. Elves and Trolls are enemies because of their species almost dying because of this war between them. Iznik shows this hatred to the Troll Gunnhild meets.

Gunnhild then goes into distress when Aelflaed and Iznik come running to the woods to see her there. The Troll brings them to the Enchanted Forest, and they come to this area where it is revealed that Gunnhild is the descendant of Jasmine Crystalline. She gains these powers that she never had before, and the Troll teaches her how to control it.

However, Gunnhild is kidnapped by the traitor scholar and is brought to the Underworld. There, the scholar is killed by the Demon Lord, there being no more use for her. The Demon Lord then brings Alex in, and Gunnhild is shocked.

Alex's father is the Demon Lord. When he was sent into the Underworld by Jasmine Crystalline, he gained a power from his minions' souls and was able to get out of the Underworld and go undercover as a human.

Alex realizes the Lord is his father and feels comfortable around him. However, he slowly loses who he is and stops writing in his journal.

Iznik then saves Gunnhild from being killed by the Demon Lord, and he brings her back to the Overworld. When she wakes up and asks how he was able to save her, he reveals that he bounded his allegiance to the Demon Lord to save his father. Even Mira joined, and they are over 200 years old. Older than Gaia. That is a reason they know how to speak Ancient Elven (Gujarati).

Gunnhild stays distant from Iznik when she realizes that the reason why he flirted and helped her was to get close to her and bring her to the Demon Lord or kill her. However, he gains a softness for her after hearing her story and that's why Gaia started teasing Iznik. To get a secret message to him that she would take his place.

Some of these notes are a bit outdated since I revised the story as I went along, but the main plot is still there. Anyways, see ya in the next book: "The Shadows of the Ancient Elven"

The Shadows of the Fair Maidenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें