Chapter 21

I quickly hopped onto Nag and rode into the town. I had to snake through crowds of people and try not to smash anyone with Nag's hooves. It wasn't easy seeing how the entire Royal Court was after me! And at this point, the people should not be my first care, but unfortunately it is.

I heard them all running after me. Their shouts and war cries were enough to make me just go faster and faster. I didn't care if o ended up nowhere. I just had to get away from the mm somehow... but how?

An idea came into my head, and I wished that I never thought of it. It was my only choice of escaping these possessed knights and dames. I had to run into the Enchanted Forest for safety.

I pulled the reins to the left, making Nag go right and into the woods. I went past the pond, through the undergrowth, and towards the many trees that were tilted at an odd angle. Nag came to a sudden stop, going on his hind legs with surprise, and the calm voice I gave him wasn't enough.

I tried to remember what the spell was to open the doors of the Forest, but I didn't need to. This light appeared in my hands, and it flew towards the trees, forcing them to get up from their stance to allow me entrance.

I felt shocked by this but brushed it off when I heard the guards coming after me again. I hit Nag's rear with my boot and galloped inside the Enchanted Forest. The trees closed behind me, and I came to a slow stop, hoping to not frighten Nag again. I got off, leaning against him as I landed on the ground.

I had never felt such a rush like that in my life. It was as if my entire body was in panic. It was a good thing I was safe. For how long, I'm not sure. I just hope that I didn't put the Enchanted Forest at risk by being here.

Suddenly, a pair of arms brought me to the ground. I swung my leg around, kicking the person's legs. The burning didn't help me much.

The person then fell with a thud on their back, but they weren't quite done with me. I tried to get a good look at who this person was, but their attacks kept me from doing so.

However, before they could land a proper swing at me, the person let out a howl of pain. I looked at them as they flung themselves off me. It was Aelflaed!

"Aelflaed?!" I said as she rubbed her eyes.

She then put her hands on her head, squeezing down on her scalp as if easing a headache. She then looked up to me and did some movements with one of her hands. She pretended to punch herself in the face and pointed to me.

I had to punch her.

As much as I hated harming my friends, I couldn't let Aelflaed be in so much pain. Taking a deep breath, I gestured her to be ready for the pain. Aelflaed closed her eyes, bracing herself for the pain up ahead. I pressed my hand into a fist, making sure that my arm guards didn't go over my wrists and swung forward. The feeling of Aelflaed's jaw to my fists was horrible, but I knew that it wasn't enough to break it.

"Ahhhh!" She yelled as she held her jaw in place. "Good Lord!" She rubbed a bruise that was beginning to form on the corner of her mouth.

"You good?" I asked. "Or should I give you another just to knock you out?"

She gave me a look. "Not funny." She then blew a strand of hair out of her face. "I didn't know that Esmerelda had such powerful magic. Much less any powers."

"How are you not possessed?" I asked, helping her up. "Is it your Demon Soul side?"

"It is," she replied, dusting herself off. "People have tried to possess me, but they always failed because of my Demonic parts."