I am Become more than Death

Clarke:

I said four words to Bellamy and was gone before I could hear his response. Maybe his end of the closure was something I needed but I left him. I hated myself for it but it was something I had to do.  His dark brown eyes burnt through the back of my head as I continued to run.

If I had learned anything. It was to never look back. One glance and it is all over and you will never get what you need done.  No matter what it is, don't ever look back.

I continued to run and run and run until I found a hut. More so a trading post.

I stayed there in fear of what was outside but it was all inevitable.

The hours of hiding were hell. All of my life went into review.

A woman walks over, the same one running the post, hands me food. More than what I had traded for.

"I didn't trade for this much. please take some back"

"No. You need it more than me. " she says glancing at me, moving her eyes to my torso and back to my eyes.

I shake my head at her intentions.

''No."  I mutter.

I move past her and make it outside.

Before I knew it, I was crying.

and I was so sick of crying but damn I needed to.

I wanted Bellamy. I needed him to tell me it was going to be ok.

But again, I left him.

I couldn't decide whether it was out of me being selfish or to save him and the rest of my people.

I wish for one day I could be the care free girl I was on day 1.

But I guess that's just growing up.  What would my father say to what i've done? this is not what he would have wanted.

This is not what I want. But I always put everything else in front of my own needs.  I placed my hand on my stomach but quickly yanked it away.

That idea was out of the picture. And in this world I don't think I would ever wanted that picture.

Not that I would ever live long enough to see it.

I moved to go but felt a force of pain against the back of my hea-