Diva In Distress

"Ugh." I groaned as I dragged myself to my bed. 'Tsk, I think I rather face Mesagog's monsters than face my so called 'family'.' I thought as I laid in bed clutching my side. 

"Hey! We aren't done with you yet missy!" My aunt yelled as she came into my room and dragged me out by my arm. Honestly, I would fight back, but I am just to exhausted to put up with this bull shit right now. So, I just bit the inside of my cheek and took the beating. The beatings didn't bother me much because my body would just go numb after a little while of being beat. I mean, yeah sure it's not a pleasant thing to get beat, but I just don't feel anything after a while. 

I don't know when the beating stopped, I just kinda dazed out after like the fifth kick in the stomach. Oh, and I guess I fell asleep on the living room floor too because I woke up the next morning on the floor. Groaning lightly, I lifted my head to look at the clock that hung on the wall to see what time it was. The clock read 6:00. I let out another groan as I slowly dragged myself up. "Shit." I bit out in pain when I stood up. 

All the pain from the beatings last night hits me like a train as I slowly walked upstairs to the bathroom to take a quick shower and change into fresh clothes. I took a quick five minute shower and brushed my teeth before putting on a turtle neck sweater that's pink along with some grey jeans and a pair of flats.

Then, once I was all dressed, I began to apply make up to cover up the bruises that I got from the beatings. 'Ugh, I need to get more make up if this keeps up... Damn it, I still need to save up for a new phone as well... Actually, I need a way to contact Blake and Hunter.' I thought as I grabbed my money and license and stuff them in my pocket before taking off. I looked at my watch which read 7:00. 

I slowly made my way to Hayley's Cyberspace. There was no school today, some kind of teacher's conference, so Hayley wanted me to work the full day today. Of course I didn't mind working the full day. Well, I somewhat minded, but it kept me away from my aunt and uncle's house. 

As I was walking, I couldn't help but notice the pain that emitted from my midsection. The pain only got worse as I kept on walking, so that forced me to stop walking. "Ughn..." I let out a small groan as I leaned against one of the many light poles that lined the street. 'It hurts to much.' I placed my hand on my stomach to see if that would make me feel any better, but that was no help. I lightly clutched my stomach. Bad idea. That only made the pain worse.

"Aria." I heard a familiar voice call my name. I looked up and turned my head around to see who it was that called me. "Over here." The voice called out again. I turned my head towards the voice. In front of me was a black Mercedes that had its windows rolled down, and inside the car was Trent and some middle aged man behind the wheel. 

"Oh, hey Trent." I smiled weakly while giving him a small wave as I gritted my teeth together. I watched as Trent got out of the car, and walk over to me. 

"Hey, you okay? You don't look so good." He asked as he stood before me and held my shoulders and stood me up straight.

"I'm fine, just tired." I lied, but I don't think he bought it because he had a suspicious look on his face.

"Aria, are you sure? I mean, you're wearing a long sleeved turtle neck when it's around the 75 degrees outside." He asked, looking at me with a worried expression. 

"I'm just getting over a small cold, I still get the chills so the sweater helps keep me warm." I lied, hoping that he'd buy it this time.

"If you say so..." He didn't sound convinced though. "Well, you heading to the cafe?" He asked.

"Yeah, you?" I asked, looking at up at his mesmerizing brown eyes.

"Yeah, you want a ride?" He offered, gesturing towards the car with his head.