Missing Bone

Well, I'm back in school, and since Dr. O can't demorph, they got a new science teacher. I can't say I'm to happy about the new science teacher though; it's Trent's father. Like, I don't know why, but I've always got this weird vibe from him. Like the bad weird. "Alright class, we'll be going to the museum on Friday, and I need your parent's or guardian's signatures on these permission slips in order for you to go." Trent's father told us as he handed out permission slips to everyone. Everyone got a permission slip, everyone but me. 

"Uhm professor, I didn't get one." I said after I raised my hand. 

"Oh, I took care of yours already, don't worry." He smiled kindly at me.

"Oh, thank you." I replied with a small smile. Good thing the others didn't question me about it much. During class, when we were doing an experiment, Trent secretly slipped me a note. I looked at Kira to make sure that she wasn't paying attention to me before opening the note.

My house, after school.

After I read it, I ripped up the note to ensure that the others don't get a hold of it some how. "Hey, we don't need to do anything after school do we?" I asked Kira as I helped her with the experiment.

"No, pretty sure we don't. Why?" She replied with her own question.

"Because I have a lot of school work to catch up on and was planning on spending most of my time at the library." I lied to her with a smile. 

"Well, if something comes up, we'll just call you." Kira chuckled before turning her attention back to the experiment at hand. 'Man, I hate lying to them.' I thought as I glanced at Trent out of the corner of my eye. I guess Trent sensed that I was looking, err glancing, at him because he looked up at me from his notebook and gave me a sly smirk. I quickly look away and went back to my lab write up. "Aria, be careful around him when you're not with one of us, kay?" Kira told me while glaring at Trent. 

"I know, I will." I sighed, as the feeling of guilt started swallowing me up. "Hey, I'm going to step out for a sec." I told Kira before going up to the teacher. "Professor, can I step out for a minute? It's feeling kind of stuffy in here, and I'm feeling kind of light headed." I asked the teacher, earning a nod from him. I stepped out of the classroom, and leaned against the wall next to the door. 'How did my life come to this. It went from bad to good to worse.' I thought as I put my face in my hands.

Then, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I was about to punch who ever was touching me, but then I smelt the all to familiar scent. "Trent, what are you doing?" I asked in a cracked voice. I hated myself for being weak like this. 

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm comforting my girlfriend. What else?" Trent said in a soothing voice as he stroked my hair. "What's wrong, Aria?" He asked as he continued to hold me. 

"I just hate lying to them. I don't know if I can handle the guilt. Trent, it just feels so bad, it like eats me from the inside out." I told him as tears started forming. 

Trent sighed as he pulled back and kissed my forehead. "I know it's hard for you, but it's for the best. They won't understand our love. They won't accept it. They'll probably think and say that I'm just using you, and that I'm going to turn you against them." He told me as he placed his finger under my chin and lift my head up. 

"Well you are somewhat using me." I grumbled as I adverted my eyes. 

"No, I'm not using you per say. Listen, both you and I need each other. My gem needs the energy of your gem, and yours needs mine." Trent sighed as he cupped my face with his hand.

"Well last time I checked, you were the one sapping my powers. I haven't done anything to take your energy, and you haven't given me any either." I sneered.