Chapter Three

"Lee!" Zoe yells to me, "I'm going out to scavenge for food, and Al said that I can have someone come with me! I wanted you to come, ya want to?" Zoe is one of the three people that my dad and I came across. She is only fifteen years old, we have a two year age difference so her, me, and Ty, who is eighteen, are basically best friends. Zoe has fairly long blonde curly hair which she usually keeps pulled back, I don't blame her for keeping it pulled back though, after all, I do the same exact thing, and it's better than having it in your face, or walkers being able to grab it so that you can become a little midnight snack.

"This your first time goin' out?" I ask, my father and Al decided that we aren't allowed to leave the base until we turn fifteen, and she just had her birthday about a week ago.

"Well second," She responds, "I went with Al the first time. Geez, those walkers sure are freaky, which is why I want someone to go with me. So will ya?"

"Why not?" I ask, "After all I have nothing else better to do, and I wanted to get us some more medical supplies."

"YES!" she shouts and I quickly put my hand over her mouth to shush her because walkers have very good hearing, and I wasn't looking to become dinner, "sorry! I didn't mean to yell, I'm just am so excited that I finally get to help the group! Meet me at the gate at sunrise."

"I'll be there." With that she turned and walked away, her hair bouncing as she trotted towards her room to get ready.