Chapter Nine

Zoe and I went down the stairs that led to the basement. Once we got to the bottom we came to a single door. "Do you want to open it or me?" Zoe asks me. I look at her and I see beads of sweat on her forehead. Is she afraid?  I think to myself. I nod at her indicating that i could open it.

I knock open the door and immediately notice all the paper strewn across the floor like snow on a cold winter day.  I look down at one of the papers, "Huh, this one says 'Patient 13, room 212, heart attack, deceased.' and after that it has some charts, this must be where they stored all the medical documents."

"I'm not surprised, look at all those filing cabinets." Zoe tells me with a hint of new excitement in her voice, "do you think we could find some files of T-206 in here?"

"Maybe, but i want to find some medicine first, that's a lot more important than some old papers."

"Okay, how 'bout you go search the back, and I'll look for the files on T-206 and some medical guides." Before I could tell her no she practically pushed me into the back. It wasn't much different than the front, papers everywhere and some cabinets. I look in the cabinets and find some pain killers and some bandages. Perfect, exactly what i was looking for, I inspect the desks and the drawers for anything else that may be of use to us,and that's when I see a coat rack filled with doctors coats. Some of them have spots of reddish brown dried blood on them. I search the pockets of the nearest coat and find a few twenty dollar bills, wow, these are gonna be such a help to us, I think to myself sarcastically. I search the other coats and find some bandages and even an ID badge, I get to the last coat and look at the name tag like I have with the other coats, but this isn't another name like Dr. Nate Jones or Dr. Adam Yang. This coat has the name Dr. April Summers, could it be? Could this be the coat of the woman that created the apocalypse?

I reach into the left pocket of the white coat spotted with blood, and my hand comes out empty. I look into the right pocket and come out with only one thing, and small piece of paper with one thing on it, the number eight.