Chapter Seven

"Take a deep breath, my child. Everything will be ok."

         HER FEAR is different

         HER FEAR is different. I notice this as she gets in the car the small grey tendrils of fear slowly bubbling out from her and into the air. Once again I feel my body tighten my gaze transfixed on that wisp of fear that leaves just as fast as it came. I stare at her- my victim, my prize- why isn't she more scared? She stares back her soft brown eyes widening slightly, a sign of confused fear, but unlike what was expected no grey wisps float into the air.

My mark pulses, the double K stinging my wrist; red ink becoming a bloody black. I have no need to stare at my wrist already aware of its appearance, I simply continue to stare at her, unwilling to break eye contact first. It'd be so easy to do it now, to just kill her and be done with it. The two Ks pulse faster, happy with the thought, hungry with it really. I grit my teeth. Fucking hell.

I get into the car breaking our eye contact roughly, my entire body is thrumming. On edge. She continues to stare at me with those stupid wide brown eyes. This is what I get? Some defected- Brie- is it? I pull out onto the road as I take sideways glances at her, her eyes remain on me. She's shoved up against the door, her entire body turned towards me. Watching and waiting. This makes me laugh and she gasps a small hiccup of fear leaving her.

It takes all my strength not to react.

"Why are you laughing?" She frowns at me, her nose scrunching up.

"You're cute." She stares at me blankly, but her body relaxes the slightest bit. All her fear instantly leaves and my hands tighten around the steering wheel.

"Where you from- Keith?" She hesitates as she says my name, the pronunciation coming out mumbled. I chuckle my eyes never leaving the road.

"You wouldn't want to know, Brie, I promise." Her name feels wierd on my tongue. She raises an eyebrow at my answer, but doesn't press the question further. Instead, she begins tapping her fingers on the dashboard, her eyes looking outside, suddenly lost in thought. My frown goes unnoticed. Abruptly she breaks out of her trance and turns to me her jaw set, she sits up straighter and I realize she's mustering up the courage to say something. I wait as her tapping increases speed and she opens her mouth countless times, still searching for that courage. Finally, seconds before our arrival at the gas station she finally speaks, she stops tapping and turns her body to me as I park the car.

She points at my eyes, "Are they real?" Her words come out strained as if she's ashamed to ask or afraid of the answer.

"Nope they're both fake, glass eyes actually."

She freezes at my answer her little brain trying to decipher if what I siad was honestly true. She then let's out a childish huff of frustration. "That's not what I meant. I- are they contacts?"

I take my time answering, knowing this must have been bugging her for a while now by the way her fingers twitch impatiently by her side. Not to mention her failed attempt to ask this question sooner. So I sit and I enjoy her squirming under my gaze and her impatience. She raises an eyebrow waiting for my answer so I give it to her. "No."

Her eyes widen ever so slightly at my answer but she simply mumbles a thanks and quickly scrambles out of my car. Once outside she avoids my gaze as she awkwardly stands outside the store waiting for me to drive off before walking home. I smirk as I drive off-

as if I don't already know where you live.

----------------------------------New update and I'm loving this chpater!!!!!! I know its really short and I apologize for that

New update and I'm loving this chpater!!!!!! I know its really short and I apologize for that.

Anyways what are your thoughts?

Till next time my loves!
-Esmer