Chapter 11

Sasuke looked at the village as he sat on the forth Hokage's head. He felt angry. No. Not at Itachi but himself. How could he be so blind? He should have believed in his brother. The same brother who would do anything for his happiness. He should've stand by him when everyone turned against him. Instead he blamed Itachi. All because of the village. The same village his brother would protect till his last breath.

But how could they? How could this village, His clan, himself could do this that innocent man.

Sasuke glared, feeling indignant anger rise up. That was beyond unfair, to put a thirteen-year-old in a position like that, where he had to experience betrayal. He'd always known there was a side to Itachi he'd never seen, but why did it have to be this? If it was so well known that the anbu lived in desperate secrecy, why had everyone been so willing to sacrifice his brother's childhood? Why was his clan so ... cruel?

The same clan he was once so proud to be in, is so.. so shallow.

No... I'll bring you back, Nii-san. I'll bring you back home. He promised.

"Oi, Teme!" Sasuke looked back and saw the blond grinning.

"What are you doing up here?" Naruto asked.

"Thinking."

Naruto smiled softly, " Yeah, it's a nice place to think. Isn't it?"

Sasuke looked at Naruto from the corner of the eye.

"Why life have to be so unfair?" Naruto chuckled at Sasuke's question.

"Do you know why this is my favorite place to come, Sasuke?"

Sasuke gave him questioning look.

"Because whenever I felt like giving up I come here. And when I see this village from up here, I remember why I love this village. Why I want to protect it so much."

"Why love the same village who is the cause of your pain?" Sasuke couldn't help but wonder.

"Because in this village my precious people live. I never had a proper family to know it's importance. But then I made friends. They made me believe in me. Made me believe that I'm more than just a demon brat."

Sasuke couldn't believe that this was the same goofy, careless boy he has rivalry with. He sounds so wise and mature.

"Since when did you become mature, dope?" Sasuke smirked.

Naruto gave a cocky laugh, "How do you think I change Gaara and Neji? I'm awesome like that, believe it!" And the old Naruto was back.