Weekly Recipes

Alrighty! Let me start off by thanking Siouxsie for sending in a pic of her finished product! :)

"I absolutely LOVE baking and I love red velvet anything! So when I read your recipe, I had to try it out and it came out wonderfully. Thank you! Keep up the great work!" -@MovieOnYourEyelids

This next recipe is for our very own @friday1064 !

SIMPLE CREPES RECIPE

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup milk

3/4 cup cold water

3 egg yolks

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

3 tablespoons orange liqueur

1 cup all-purpose flour

5 tablespoons butter, melted

Clarified butter, for cooking

Powdered sugar, for serving

CREPE BATTER: Place all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend on high for one minute, or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. If the flour sticks to sides, scrape it down with a spatula, and blend again for three seconds more. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for two hours or up to overnight.

TO MAKE THE CREPES: Preheat a 6-1/2- to 7-inch nonstick or iron skillet over medium high heat. Before adding batter, check to make sure the pan is hot enough by flicking a little water inside the pan. If the water sizzles and evaporates quickly, then brush the pan lightly with clarified butter, and let the butter heat until it just begins to smoke. Remove pan from the flame with the left hand and use the right hand to pour 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the pan. Quickly tilt the pan down and around in a circle so the batter evenly coats the entire bottom of the pan. Return pan to flame and cook for 45 to 80 seconds, or until edges of crepe are golden brown and when the pan is jerked back and forth, the crepe shakes freely. Lift the edge of the crepe with a spatula and check for a crispy, lightly browned crust. Use the spatula to lift the crepe up and hold the edges of the crepe with your fingertips to gently ease it onto the other side. Cook on the other side for about 15 to 30 seconds more, just until it's barely spotted brown. Slide the cooked crepe onto a cooling rack and let cool before stacking them on a plate. Grease the skillet again, heat to smoking, and proceed with remaining batter.

SERVE CREPES: This part is entierly up to you! You can serve them fruit filled, you can fold them and drizzle nutella (my personal favorite) or powdered sugar ontop. Anything really! Whatever you'd like. Just as long as you enjoy it. :)

This recipe is for @Windwinder ! You wanted a good chocolate cake recipe and I think I found just the perfect one! I made this myself last week and it was delicious! :) Also, I'll find the recipes for your other requests in the next issue.♥

MOIST & FLUFFY DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE

INGREDIENTS: 2 cups cake flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup hot coffee, 1 cup canola oil, 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, WHITE FROSTING (enough for 2 layer cake): 4 cups confectioners suger, 2 sticks softened butter, 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

PREPARING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 325 In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add coffee, oil and buttermilk and mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in pans until warm and then remove from pans and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. While cakes are cooling prepare frosting by creaming butter with a mixer. Slowly add in powdered sugar until mixture is thick, creamy and well combined. Mix in heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Frost cooled cakes. Serve!

I hope you ALL enjoy these recipes! Please send in pictures or commentary on how it turned out for you. Was it good? Was it bad? Was it difficult to make? Was it a breeze? Any and all feedback are allowed and welcomed. Enjoy! :)