Mr Wolfy ✔️

After working so hard on my team, God decided to even the scales and exchange Peter for Roman Godfrey and pair me with him in almost every single of my classes. I could feel his gaze burning holes at the back of my head and it was taking everything I had in me not to turn around and say something about it. I still hadn't so much as greeting him since the night he accused us of killing that girl and it felt like it was for the best. He never explained why he was there in the first place or how he got rid of those cops.

As soon as the bell dismissed the class, I got out of the room as fast I could, afraid he might use that time to say something and walked over Peter's locker only to see him being shoved against it by two guys as they walked by, howling and laughing, congratulating themselves.

"Are you ok?" I crouched to his level to help him get up and retrieved his bag. He dusted off his clothes, got his hair out of his face and opened his locker as if nothing had happened. "What's the deal with the howling?" I carried on. That was a strange way to bully people.

"Remember when Roman said I was a werewolf ?" He explained, still putting books in his bag as if we were talking about the weather, " Well, I am one."
I couldn't hold in my laugh, wondering how people could be this stupid.

"That's a bit excessive if you ask me. I mean, sure you have hair but I'd rather go with Big Foot or the Abominable Snowman ..." I smiled at him, hoping to get the same reaction.

"Oh funny, did you blow a clown this morning?"

"Rude," I furrowed my eyebrows and put a hand on my chest, pretending to be vexed. "I hate clowns." I was trying to change the subject but my curiosity got the best of me. "Why are they calling you a werewolf anyway?"

He closed his locker and as we walked down the corridor, he waved his finger in front of my face,

"My index and middle finger are the same lengths."

"I prefer nighttime and I'm a bit pale. Does that make me a vampire?"

He stopped, his eyes furrowed and looked at me, tilting his head a bit, "It doesn't scare you?"

"We spend most of our lives watching and reading stories about supernatural creatures. It would be stupid to be scared at this point." He still wasn't catching up to me, making me stop too, "I'm not racist against werewolf if that's what you're asking."

"Good thing to know my friend is not a bigot towards an endangered species." I reached to grab his arm and force him to keep on walking.

"Come on, Mr Wolfy, keep on walking, endangered species or not, you still need to go to class."

---

Through all the changes, Donna tried to keep offering us a sense of stability and was not giving up on our weekly lunches into town. It was a little treat we used to have, a little time to ourselves, an opportunity to catch up just the two of us away from everything. Tessa never wanted to and still doesn't want to join but as stubbornness is a family trait, our aunt still offers her to come every time.We found a good restaurant in town, nothing too fancy and fairly calm just like we prefer it. Donna looked incredibly uncomfortable, moving around in her chair, torn between asking me about everything but conscious of my private life at the same time and waited for me to bring something up. I eventually told her about Peter as he was our neighbour after all, but kept Godfrey under wrapped since I couldn't figure out myself who he was and what he wanted. ---I parked my car and rushed in front of the school where Peter and I agreed to meet back only to find him with the very same person we thought it best to avoid. He smiled at him, making Roman turned around and follow me with his eyes until I was standing next to them, unsure what this was about.