Bacon Grease

The next morning when Roman and I got to the old church we find Peter in the bathtub stroking Casper on his lap.

"I thought I ordered a redhead." He said laughing a bit. But this wasn't a time to joke ...

"There was another one," Roman told him.

"Another what ?" Peter asked not really focusing on what we were telling him.

"Last night Peter, another girl died," I said.

Peter asked us if we knew who it was and Roman explained the whole story. " They don't know yet. No head." Peter started to get worried. "It wasn't Letha. I checked on her after getting Rose this morning."

"But it was the wrong moon. That's supposed to be impossible right? I asked Peter.

"Yeah, maybe .. maybe not."

Roman started to lose his patience and started to raise his voice. " What do you mean ?! I thought we still had time to find him."

Peter wasn't fazed at all by Roman's behaviour. "You need to be with Letha and Rose at sundown tonight." Not cool to talk about me as if I wasn't there ...

"Why ?"

"I mean it." He said getting out of the bathtub. "They are on your watch until this is over. This is your job."

"Where are you going? And by the way, I can take care of myself."

"I'm gonna go see Destiny. She knows more about the, uh ... protocols than I do."

"Protocols ?" Roman asked.

"Or whatever. She might have a better idea about this because I sure don't !" It was weird hearing Peter get mad. I mean I'm used to seeing Roman mad but Peter has always been the chill one.

"If you go out in public, you'll get shot! And that's if you're lucky !" Roman called after him.

"Yeah, well I'm a lucky guy."

I felt like Peter wasn't getting the seriousness of the situation. "This is no joke !" I warned him. "Call her."

"This isn't a pizza delivery." He said, calmer. "Alright, Rose you go."

"I'm coming too," said Roman. "I'm not letting you go alone."

I nodded and we were about to leave the church when Peter said." Roman, I meant it .. about Letha."

"Don't let the bedbugs bite," Roman responded, grinning.

---

When Destiny opened the door of her flat, you could clearly see she wasn't happy to see us here. But she let us in any way.

Linda was here and she immediately asked how was Peter.

"He's safe where he is," Roman said, not telling her too much.

"No, he's not." Destiny sighed. "What does he need ?"

"There was another murder last night, the vargulf." Roman began to explain before being interrupted by Linda.

"Yeah, we know."

"Peter said you were some kind of expert. So how is this happening ?"

"You really have no idea what you are, do you ?" she told him, ignoring his question.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean ?"

I grabbed Roman's arm and squeezed it a bit, getting mad right now wasn't the best idea.

"Ok, first: experts are the people that you see on TV. And the laws of magic are like the laws of anything. They work because you obey them."

"Then you can just break them," Roman said. Of course, he would know something about breaking the rules ..