You Have Your Spells, She Has Hers

I decided to stay a bit with Peter while Roman went out to get what we needed. It was a bit selfish to say but I wanted some time away from all this madness. Talking about everything and nothing felt good, almost ... normal. We didn't talk about a werewolf or a crazy killer on the loose and I felt like a teenager again.                                                                                                                                Soon enough Roman came back and we came back to reality: people were dying, this was not the time to relax.

"Is that the bacon grease ?" asked Peter. Roman threw him with 3 jars full of it. " Oh good, you did well."

"What are you gonna do with that stuff ?" Roman said. I mean he had just filled bacon grease into 3 jugs, of course, he was curious.

Peter avoided the question and asked another one. " What's that ?" he said pointing to the big black holder Roman was carrying.

Godfrey put it on the ground and opened it. A huge and beautiful axe was laid there in all its ancient glory.

"It's a weapon, from my mother," explained Roman. "We have her blessing for what it's worth." He then took it in his hands. " You have your spells, she has hers."

Peter was softly chuckling at the sight of the axe. " Just try not to poke your eye out with it." I laughed a bit and so did Roman but not for long.

"So .. how are you gonna find it ?" I asked Peter. He may have the bacon grease, for whatever he needs it for, and now Roman has his weapon but the vargulf has to come forward.

"It'll find me. I asked how to do what it did -- to turn on the wrong moon. I'm closer to it now, I can feel it. And I can feel it feel me." I quickly peeked at Roman's face and he was as serious as Peter was. " When I go out there tonight, I won't have to go far. It'll be waiting for me."

"Well ... that is not creeping me out .. " I said. Roman was about to add something when his phone rang.

"It's not really the best time right now." He said then paused for a few seconds. "I'll be right there."

"What's wrong ?"

"I gotta go. Letha needs my help with something important."

"Well, what is it ?" Peter asked him, worried for her.

"I don't know."

"I'm going."

Peter took his jacket and was heading to the door.

"Hey !" Roman called after him. " Do you really think that's the best idea right now ? With everyone looking for you ?"

"I'll hide in the fucking trunk. I'm going."

We knew nothing would change his mind so we just followed him outside.

--

When we arrived at Letha's house, Roman didn't bother to knock on the door and got in right away.

"Letha? Are you ok? What's going on ?"

"I'm really sorry. I was on my way to meet you guys when ... something came up." She said. She wasn't hurt physically but was a bit nervous.

"Well, who's here ?" Peter asked.

"Don't freak out, ok ?" Letha tried to smooth the boys before saying anything else.

"Who's here ?" Roman echoed Peter's question.

"Please, can you just stay here ?" And she went to the living room. We heard her talk to someone out there and as I expected, Roman didn't wait and went into the room as well. Peter and I followed only to discover Christina. She was looking rather scared and ... very different. She has always been a little weird but not like this. Her hair turned white and she had this constantly worried expression plastered on her face.