Get That Smirk Off Your Face

After getting dressed, Roman lead us to his car and reached down in his pocket to get his keys. Finn had told me he saw Olivia yelling at everyone in his garage downtown for this car to be ready. Seems like she got what she wanted.

"So you're just gonna walk away like that ?" Peter asked Roman, literally reading my mind.

"What, do you want to leave a note ?" Roman said. "This thing we have to do, my mom's not part of it. If she gets pissed, I'll blame it on a blank spot."

Roman was heading to the driver's seat when Peter stopped him and extend his hand to get the keys. "You're not driving."

I knew this would take some time and they wouldn't let me drive if I wanted to so I got in the backseat and waited.

"You know how to drive stick ?"

"Just give me the fucking keys." Roman tossed him the keys and went in the passenger seat.
-------
Peter drove through the forest and we forgot about everything. We were just a bunch of teenagers laughing while driving through the leaves. Soon enough, we parked on the docks, next to the river and I had no idea why we were there.

"Why are we stopping ?" I said, getting closer to the front seats.

"Because someone needs to say it. The vargulf is my problem." Peter declared very seriously. "I'm the one on the hook. So my question is why are you here ?" I knew the question was for the both of us, but Peter was looking at Roman and I knew they had some problems to solve.

Roman chuckled a bit. "You know why I'm here."

"Yeah, I thought I did, for a while. Then it all went to shit. Tell me why you want to come with me tonight."

"It's not about being a hero" Roman started to defend himself. Peter looked at him and we could see he was not taking him seriously but Roman carried on. "I'm sorry for being a pain in your balls, and a pain in your lady part Rose. I got confused. But things are clearer now."

Peter started laughing and threw his head backwards. " At what point does trusting you make me a fucking idiot ?"

"How about we just forget, or try to, forget everything that happened between the three of us and we make sure no one else is getting hurt." I hopefully proposed. But of course, being the pessimist child he is, Peter had to say something. " Someone is-- tonight."

"He's right." Roman added." I just want all us to be friend. Peter you shouldn't have to be out there alone."

Peter starting laughing and said in a low and mocking voice. " You're a loose cannon, Godfrey. I'm gonna have your goddamn striped for this." We all started laughing when he added " Don't you dare laugh miss Ashford. It goes out for you too".
------
We were in front of the school because Roman wanted to tell his sister he was out of the coma and very much alive. He didn't want anyone else to know so I had to go with him, making sure no one will bump into him. I went to the school first and started searching for Shelly's classroom. I passed some students and a teacher praying in a circle in the middle of their room. ".. the recovery of fellow student Roman Godfrey who remains in a coma ..." I laughed a bit. None of these people really know Roman and if they do, they probably don't like him. I guess it gives them the impression of doing something important, being important. I passed a few other classrooms (including mine ) when I finally found Shelly's. She was painting something but asked to go to the bathroom. Roman managed to tell her first ...

Shelly ran the best she could and took Roman in her arms. "Oh Shelly, Shelly. It's okay. I'm fine." laughed Roman. She put him back on the floor before typing something on her phone. "I'm glad you're back."