CHAPTER FOUR

Chinen Yuri heaved a sigh as he plopped at his seat at the corner of the room.

“What’s wrong, Chii?” the concerned chubby cheeked penguin asked when he caught the younger boy’s sigh.

“Uhm…Nothing, Dai-chan. Just tired.” Chinen said as he smiled at the older boy who sat next to him.

“Are you sure? You seemed to space out a lot recently.” Daiki was worried about him.

“Daijoubu. I’m perfectly fine. Don’t worry too much.” Chinen smiled. “So do you have a meeting later?” he tried to change the topic.

The older boy nodded. “Un. You could go on ahead without me. Gomen ne.” Daiki said apologetically at Chinen.

“Daijoubu. It’s alright. I understand.” Chinen said with a smile.

The two boys talked about random things. Later that morning, the door of the classroom swung open and three boys entered the room. Chinen stared surprised at the chubby cheeked boy who passed by his desk with Yuto and Keito. Yamada saw Chinen and Daiki. Yamada and Chinen looked at each other for a few seconds before continuing on what they were doing. Yet, those few seconds didn’t escape a pair of keen eyes of a tall guy.

“Ohayou, Yama-chan.” Daiki greeted Yamada as the younger bowed and walked towards his seat at the opposite corner of the room.

The older just shook his head and looked back at Chinen who began to busy himself with his book. “Still the cold president ne~” he said to Chinen who seemed too spaced out again.

As Yamada, Yuto and Keito settled down on their seat, Yuto approached the chubby cheeked boy casually.

“Ne, Yama-chan~” Yuto said happily.

Chinen stole glances at the opposite side of the room. He saw how Yamada converse with Nakajima Yuto and Okamoto Keito. Unconsciously, a sigh escaped his lips.

Flashback

“You will be my pet.” The chubby cheeked boy stated.

“EH?!” the younger boy stood up face to face with the older still surprised on the sudden announcement.

“You heard me right. I can keep you as my pet not as my annoying housemate.” Yamada said as he sat down on the couch with his legs crossed. “In that case, you don’t have to bother in paying me because I know you can’t. I just wanted my house clean so don’t mess around. Never set foot in my room. You can do the laundry and cook. These are my house rules.” Yamada continued to state.

“A – anoo… I can do anything except cooking.” Chinen said with a low voice.

“Hmm… Okay scratch the cooking.” Yamada said as he sipped from his own cup of tea. “Ah and one more thing. Don’t you ever mention or tell anyone about you living here. If you do, the deal is off and out you go from here. Do you understand?” he pointed out as he snapped his fingers.

End of Flashback

Another sigh escaped the chibi’s lips. Daiki was waving his hands in front of Chinen’s face. “Hey, Chii, you alright?” he asked worried of his best friend.

“H – hai! Daijoubu.” Chinen smiled at him.

“Hontou?” Daiki asked still unconvinced of the younger boy’s answer.

Chinen nodded and smiled.

“If you say so…” Daiki said unconvinced. He was about to pry more out of the chibi when the bell rang. “Chii, I have to go. Jaa ne~” He said as he stood up and bid the younger goodbye.