CHAPTER TWELVE

It was the day of the sports festival. The students are very excited for today's event. They will be participating in different activities. Each class had their representatives in every category. There were also guests that will be watching.

A middle aged man came out from a black luxury car parked at the entrance gates. He entered the school premises together with the headmaster and the head teacher. Some students recognized the man but some just ignored him. They were walking towards the headmaster's office which is across the field where some of the events were happening.

"Is that Johnny Kitagawa?" some students whispered to one another.

"This is quite a lively event you have here." The middle aged man commented to the headmaster with a smile.

"Arigatou. We're very grateful that you gave us the honors." The headmaster bowed in respect to the man.

"It's my pleasure. It feels like I was young again." The middle aged man said with a smile.

They were passing by the field when everyone present there stopped from what they were doing and turned to them. Everyone fell silent that made both the headmaster and the middle aged man halt on their tracks.

"What's happening?" the headmaster whispered to the head teacher with them.

"Sumimasen. I don't know." The head teacher said apologetically.

The sound of the beating of drums echoed throughout the field. At the middle of the field, there was a tall lanky boy tapping the drums with his drumsticks. After a series of beatings, the tall lanky boy placed down his drumsticks then tapped dance at a wooden plane that was laid. Four students came to the center joining the boy tap dancing. The other students were dancing to the beat. Then from the crowd, several students doing back flips, somersaults and cart wheels, made their way to the middle. As if on cue, the students danced in coordination of the others. The beat of the drum together with the strum of the guitar and the melody of the keyboard resound from the speakers. There was a tall brunette singing at the center stage together with the band.

"Believe in yourself, you can get it on, Believe in yourself, you can make it up..."

Little by little the people in the crowd joined in. The students started to dance in synchronization. The guests who were watching also danced to the rhythm. Everyone was enjoying the show.

Both the older men were astounded at the sudden dance craze that was participated by a mob.

After the song, the mob made a final pose still panting. Everyone fell silent for awhile when applause and cheers echoed from the crowd. The mob hand in hand bowed with a smile.

Yuto, who was on the drums, high fived Keito with a wide goofy grin. Chinen flung himself towards the chubby cheeked boy who caught him in time. Upon realization of their sudden contact both jumped apart blushing. The others were looking at each other proudly. It was a big success.

~***~

"What's taking Chii so long?" Yuto exclaimed breaking the deafening silence that covered them for a while now.

The members of the student council including Inoo and Takaki were in the clubroom waiting for about an hour already. Everything happened too fast.

Flashback:

After the flash mob, the student council members with Inoo, Takaki and Chinen were resting in the clubroom when suddenly the headmaster barged in. They were surprised and nervous on the look of the headmaster had on his face.

"Could anyone explain to me what happened back there?" the headmaster said lowly his voice stern.

Nobody spoke. They shared a look at each other. They don't know what to tell the headmaster.