CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The sun is shining brightly as it hit the cute face of a boy in deep slumber. He stirred in his sleep and lazily opened his eyes. He stretched his arms while yawning cutely. He scratched his messy hair and turned to his alarm clock. Upon seeing the time, he jolted from his bed and immediately stumbled towards the bathroom.

“Yabai! I’m late! I’m late!” he cussed as he entered the bathroom hastily. “Why didn’t Ryo-chan wake me up?” he mumbled under his breath.

After his fast morning routine, he immediately runs towards the kitchen. Disappointment covered his face when he found nothing prepared for his breakfast. Everything was left untouched.

“Eh? That’s weird. Ryo-chan wouldn’t forget my breakfast, would he?” he whispered dejectedly.

He can’t do anything as he roams inside the fridge to find at least something he could eat before going out. Luckily, there was a loaf of bread and a box of milk inside it. After his short meal, he washed the dishes and dashed off towards the hallway. He hastily shoved his feet in his shoes when he noticed something unusual. The chubby cheeked boy’s shoes were still on the rack.

“Eh? Ryo-chan is still at home?” he said surprised.

He climbed the stairs towards the older boy’s room. He knocked on the door but there were no response from the other side. He tried again louder this time.

“Ryo-chan, wake up! We’re going to be late.” He called but still no answer.

The squirrel knocked again. “Hey, Yamabuta. Wake up already.” He leaned his ear against the door and heard a groan from inside.

The squirrel gripped on the door knob and carefully twists it open. Fortunately, it was not locked. He slowly pushed it open and popped his head inside. He scanned the room. The room was dark and the curtain was still drawn. He looked further and found there was still a sleeping figure covered under the blanket. Slowly and carefully, he managed his way towards the sleeping figure on bed. He opened the curtain and let the sunlight filled the room. It made the older boy stir on his bed. He gently shook the older boy.

“Ryo-chan, wake up. We’re gonna be late.” He called but the older didn’t stir.

The younger boy tried again shaking the latter a bit harder. The chubby cheeked boy grunted and abruptly pulled the small boy towards the bed. The chibi was surprised to realize that he was trapped in Yamada’s warm embrace. His head laid comfortably on the latter’s chest. The older boy’s arms were wrapped around his waist loosely. He could feel his face heat up and his heart hammered against his ribcage. A part of him really liked the warm sensation of the touch. He snuggled closer when he notices something wrong.

“Eh?” he immediately sat up and looked at the older boy. He saw a grimace was formed on the older boy’s face. He gently placed his palm on the other’s forehead and winced at the heat radiating from it. “Ryo-chan, you’re burning.” He exclaimed as he retracted his hand and stood up from the bed.

Panic formed on his face. “What to do? What to do?” he paced back and forth the room.

He stopped in the middle of the room when an idea popped in his mind.

“Ah!” He fished his phone inside his pant pocket and scrolled down on his contacts. “I should call Dai-chan.” He was about to press the green button. “Wait! I can’t call him. No one should know I am living with Ryo-chan.”

Again he paced back and forth while talking to himself. “I can’t call Yutti or Keito or Yabu-kun. What to do? Who should I call?” he asked himself with panic-stricken face.