CHAPTER FIVE

It was only a week to go before the most awaited week long celebration of the school festival. Everyone was very excited for their own activities. All students were very busy in preparing their booths and other activities. Despite everyone’s preparation, one class hasn’t agreed on anything yet for the class activity.

“We could have a haunted house.” A boy sitting at the first row suggested.

“Class 2-C had taken already that idea.” Yamada countered as he stood in front of the class behind the teacher’s desk.

“What about a museum?” a girl with short hair suggested while raising her hand.

“Boring.” Yamada commented nonchalantly while tapping his finger on the desk.

“Yama-chan, we have no other ideas. You already rejected every idea we came up with.” Yuto whined as he slumped forward his desk.

The scenario for about one hour already was at first when the homeroom teacher announced about the school festival planning, the whole class was very enthusiastic in giving their ideas and suggestions. But one by one, every ideas and suggestions offered was rejected by the chubby cheeked boy. Their enthusiasm just flew by. The blackboard had a big word “IDEAS” written on it but there were nothing enumerated below it.

“Yuto, we need new ideas because we can’t have that was already taken by other class or had been done already. In that way, there would be less competition. There would be guests coming so we needed something that would be enjoyed by everyone.” Yamada explained to the class.

“But Yama-chan, do you have any idea? We are really left behind if we can’t decide on anything now.” Keito said as he himself couldn’t think of anything.

“That’s why I told you ahead of time to come up with something so that we would deliberate it as soon as possible.” Yamada said disappointedly making everyone silent.

“Too full of himself. He thinks he’s the best but he is of no help.” A mumble but clear enough to be heard in the quietude of the room.

Yamada scanned the room for the source of the mumble when his eyes fell on the little squirrel that was busy reading a book obviously not listening in their discussion. He was very engrossed in reading that he failed to notice the odd stares that the whole class is giving him. He continued on mumbling to himself coherent words.

“He doesn’t even appreciate effort.” The chibi continued on mumbling unaware of the glare the chubby cheeked boy is throwing him.

“Ehem.” A fake cough but not loud enough to wake the chibi from his daydreaming.

“Ehem.” A louder cough caught Chinen’s attention.

The little squirrel raised his eyes from the book he was reading and saw that all eyes were set on him and awkward silence covered the four corners of the classroom. Some were looking at him in disbelief and some looked at him nervously.

“Instead of mumbling to yourself, can you lend us a piece of your mind? Do you have any idea, Chinen-kun?” Yamada said annoyed at the look the chibi had on his face.

The little squirrel doesn’t have to look at Yamada to see his reaction. He could feel the dagger-stabbing stare the older boy is throwing at him. He scratched the back of his head nervously. Oh man, he gonna get it at home.

“Anoo…” Chinen trailed off as he stood up from his seat and looked down at his feet. He took a peek on his classmates and saw how they look expectantly at him.

“So Chii, what is on your mind?” Yuto asked as he was beginning to be impatient.

“Why not try a maid/host café?” the little squirrel said as it was the first thing that came into his mind.