CHAPTER TEN

It was a bright Saturday morning when a loud bang on the door woke two sleeping boys from their dreams.

“RYOSUKE! CHII! WAKE UP!” the loud yell of Chiharu vibrated throughout the house.

The chubby cheeked boy groans annoyingly refusing to open his eyes because of the comfortable warmth enveloping him. He inhaled the soothing marshmallow-ish scent beside him. He smiled as it made him want to sleep more as the warmth snuggled closer to him. Just then, everything seeped into him. He jolted up together with the squirrel beside him.

They both stared at each other with wide eyes realizing that they were still holding each other. The door suddenly burst open making both boys jump from bed in surprise. Yamada fell headfirst while Chinen stood up nervously looking at another direction.

“Ohayou, Ryosuke, Chii. Breakfast is ready.” Chiharu giggled as he saw how cute both teens look like with their flushed faces.

“O-ohayou.” Both boys greeted with a nervous look on their faces.

The squirrel dashed off to his room to prepare himself while the older boy stood up caressing his bruised nose from his fall.

“Oi! Bakabuta, how long will you keep standing there?” Chiharu called out as she waved her hand in front of the younger.

“W-what? Why are you noisy in the morning?” Yamada complained while distracting himself through fixing his bed.

“Remember. You promised me you will go on a date with me.” Chiharu said with a smile on her face.

Hearing that, the chubby cheeked boy remembered that he indeed promised his sister that they will be shopping for souvenirs. He didn’t had the courage to say no because knowing his sister he would suffer if he said so. He heaved a sigh and pushed her out of his room to prepare.

~***~

“Ne, Chii-chan, you’re coming with us right?” the older girl asked sweetly but eerily.

The squirrel gulped while looking at the girl nervously. He wasn’t prepared to face her wrath if he refused. He took a glance at the chubby cheeked boy beside him who immediately looked away from him pretending not caring at all. He frowned and smiled at the girl in front of them.

“If that’s fine with Ryo-chan.” The small boy said.

The chubby cheeked boy turned when he heard his name mentioned. He was about to complain when his sister kicked him on the shin under the table making him groan silently. He glared at his sister.

“Ryo-chan, daijoubou?” Chinen asked innocently.

“Un. Of course.” Yamada said with a small smile while rubbing away the pain.

“Yatta! The more the merrier.” The girl cheered victoriously. “Now we should just wait for Yuyan.” She continued.

Both knew that Takaki would never probably say ‘No’ especially to scary Chiharu. They heaved a sigh.

~***~

The door bell rang.

“I’ll get it.” The squirrel said running towards the door.

When he opened it, he greeted happily the tall brunette. “Ohayou, Yuyan.” As he lunged himself forward the older who caught him.

“Ohayou, Chii. All hyped up early in the morning.”  The tall brunette chuckled as he held the younger boy in his arms.

“Yup! Because we will be having a lot of fun today.” The small boy said with a grin on his face.

“Hai, hai.” The brunette piggybacked the younger on his back inside the house.