Us vs Them

"Excuse me miss, I don't understand what's going on. Is this some kind of VIP access for the big sale?" Trinity asked, still entirely clueless.

Gideon looked on her newest intake and cringed inwardly. It always started off like this. The one tricked into coming, the convict, there's gonna be a slut, not sure if it's a guy or a girl yet, then the ass-kisser, and the 'great betrayer'.... Counsillor Gideon smiled softly, waiting for all the kids and parents to stop talking. She didn't speak or try to get their attention, knowing that if she was just patient, they'd all look to her. It worked, like always.

"Welcome to Camp Darkness Intake Five and Families. I am your intake Councillor, Gideon. Parents, I need you to say good bye now, you have five minutes." She turned and left the room, letting the parents and children scream bloody murder at each other some more. Like clockwork she ticked off the seconds until the door started to slam, parents running quickly to their cars and peeling out of here like it would absolve them of their guilt to get into a fender bender. She looked over to the next portable and saw her friend and often ally Lisa standing out on her porch too. Gideon waved and Lisa mimed hanging herself over the railing. Lauging at her friend, Gideon realized her five minutes were up and headed back into the soap opera.

Trinity was crying, puddled on the floor in a fashionable frump. The cat-girl looked ready to jump at the smallest sound but was still trying to awkwardly comfort the witch. The vampire wanted nothing to do with either of them, instead she stood fuming in a corner, idly fingering her lighter. Going to have to take that away and search her bag for more. And make sure there are LOTS of fire extinguishers around. She mused and looked from Ebony over to the convict. Hot convict. Bad girl, he's definitely trouble. Thank god his empathy shit don't work on the Gid-ster. What was his name again? Oh right, Virgil. The empath was rolling his eyes in the other corner, flinching as Trinity wailed dramatically. The necromancer was also going to be a problem and Gideon knew that he'd been assigned to her intake for a reason. She'd probably be the only one in here capable of handeling him on a rampage. Finally the demon and Gideon figured she already knew what was his big secret.

Time to get this show on the road. She cleared her throat to call their attention to her again. "As you've undoubtedly just realized you are all in a behavioural rehabilitation center for the next foreseeable future. As I said before, I am Counsillor Gideon. You can call me Counsillor or Gideon. I'll call you all by your last names for now. Now, I suppose you've got some questions for me, but I'm going to take you all on a little tour first, because I find that usually answers some of the more obvious questions right off."

"Ah.... Gideon? What if we don't want to be here?" The vampire asked, tone arch.

Oh lucky me, she's going to be bitch and I'm betting the female slut this time round. "Well, I'm not about to beg for you to stay here Bloodmoon. But considering the fact that you habitually light your extremly flammable ass on fire, you might want to at least take a stab at letting us help you before you die like a curious moth." Gideon replied bluntly. Her suble like a moose slam down stunned the vampire and really got everyone's attention. Good, they were already learning that I am not to be dismissed.  It was shocking but it was also effective.  "Every single person is here because we believe we can help you where you are finding it hard to cope."

"And you really think you can help us?" Virgil asked her snidely, aura of brood firmly in place.

"Yes." Gideon didn't elaborate.

"But what if their's nothing wrong with us?" the Incubus asked, but his tone was already defeated.

"Sometimes what your parents send you here for isn't what you really need help with. What I am here to do is help train you guys in some useful life skills while you learn some handy survival skills too. It's not a bad trade off and you might be surprised by what you discover." she warned.