Not Your Average Growing Pains

A/N: Pic to the side is Ankou. I've cast the Serbian model Andrija Bikic. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't someone outlandish or strange because I feel like necromancers are always shown as these dirty, disgusting creatures looking more like Voldemort than Jacob Black and this entire camp is about being more than the stereotypes people expect you to be

_____________________________________________________________________________ 

Virgil was kissing Gideon right in front of her boss, the fire breathing dragon. This was a brilliant way to get fired really quickly, and yet Gideon and her Fury both froze, not expecting the open affection. Of course, no one seemed to be expecting the sudden, visible electrical jolt that zapped out of Gids and filled the room. All three of them ended up twitching on the floor for a few moments, unable to control their extremities until the last of the powerful Fury zap dissipated.

“Did you… *pant* seriously just…..*pant* KISS ME… *pant* in front of…. *pant* my boss?” Gideon asked, the simple question taking for longer than expected as she struggled to pull air back into her lungs.

That settled it, she was definitely in the middle of a Fury growth spurt. Fan-freaking-tastic. Her evolution was strange, because as a Fury she would grow and change as she came across creatures that her Fury self recognized as potential threats. Which told Gideon more than she had even guessed at yet; there was a creature here she’d never been around before. It made the aggressive hackles of the Fury raise as she realized that if her body is reacting to it by growing, whoever and whatever it was, was freaking dangerous. Immediately Gideon looked at Virgil, but he looked far too dazed still to really be the creature her Fury side reacted to, wasn’t he? With a frown on her face, Gideon looked back and forth between the dragon to the man pretending to be an empath and back.

“Yes I kissed you in front of the dragon.” Virgil replied, waiting to speak until he didn’t have to pant. His admission just had Doctor Cyr start chuckling to himself softly.

“Huh.” Gideon said calmly, and then kicked Virgil in the stomach from her position on the floor. It wasn’t a terribly hard kick but it made him gasp for air.

“Never without my permission.” Gideon snarled at the gasping man and ignored the laughing dragon. “Goodnight!” Gideon called out as she got up and left, not wanting to stay and get answers anymore.  If her Fury side was going into a growth spurt, she needed to be away from distracts, not having them come right up and kiss her!

Slipping into the darkness outside, Gideon could taste the night fading away as dawn became closer than dusk was. She still had hours to go before the horizon lightened, but it was closer now. Her strange sense of foreboding made Gideon hesitate as she looked out over the park. Something was warning her that it would be better if it was bright with sunlight out now, there was definitely something creeping in the dark.  Her cautious side wanted to warn the dragon, let him take care of it so she could use the rest of the time recovering her now shattered control, but her Fury side already had her striding into the darkness.

There was a faint taste of rot in the air, not quite the smell of dead flesh decaying but instead the putrid smell of the very earth being fouled. Gideon snarled silently, feeling her Fury side calmly strain against her weakened restraint. The darkness in her soul very much wanted to go meet the creature that could corrupt the Punt, but she held back , watching. With the attack that had occurred, and the nature of the damages done, Gideon suspected the problem source to be Trinity. To Gideon’s vast surprise, there was no trace of the witch. Instead, it was the thin shoulders and chest of Ankou.

In her mind’s eye, Gideon remembered the chessboard she played against her Fury self, how on her side the boy was corrupted but not evil. He had a chance to be saved, and if she was very careful, Gideon might just be able to be a hero instead of the villain she was so tired of playing. Pulling on her Fury self more, Gideon watched what the boy did, trying to fathom his motivations.