Hi, My Name is Chaos

Gideon was standing on the higher braches of a tree, using a hose to water down the thirteen foot fire that her kids had started. She wasn't angry, she wasn't screaming. In fact, Gideon was laughing her ass off at this situation. And yet surprisingly this wasn't a worst case scenario at all, in fact, Gideon had been hoping something like this would happen, thus why she was ready with a hose up a tree.

45 minutes earlier

After the whole hole thing, intake five followed after Gideon in a slightly thoughtful silence. It was perfect but she knew better than to get her hopes up yet. They still hadn't even suggested naming themselves yet, and she knew that once that idea started to occur to them, they'd be ready for rule two. That was also always the most fun. Don't get caught. The possibilities were remarkable. And often slightly insane, but that's why this worked. The crazy and the brilliant aren't opposite sides of the line, more like a couple getting it on, arms and legs everywhere, the line all blurred and combined.

"Alright kids, here's the day's challenge for you. I'm going to give each and everyone of you an item, and when I go off with one of you, the rest will try to figure out how to make me the biggest fire you possibly can without setting the rest of this forest on fire or blowing anything up." I gave them the brief instructions and then started handing out pieces of paper with a single item listed on each. The items they needed were all generally located near by, but I wanted to see how creative these guys could be. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that they were at the maturity level to handle a little fire. Though using this technique with the vampire was a risk. Which was why she had made sure to take the vampire as her first person to speak to today.

She was going to grab Luc, but seeing the empath readily step up to support the kid made her take a second and see what would naturally develop. Not a romantic relationship, Virgil was straight, but the convict didn't seemed bothered by the boy's sexuality. Then again as an empath, he was probably the only one who could literally empathize with the troubles the Incubus felt. Since the convict seemed to have things in hand for now, she was satisfied to leave it at that and focus on the vamp. Today's task was going to be especially hard for her.

So while the kids struggled to figure out what to do with such item lists such as: old picnic bench, powdered mashed potatos, large logs, newspapers, twigs, cardboard boxes and matches. Not hard to figure out what you were supposed to do, but Gideon had seem some interesting attempts that defied all forms of logical thought.

"Sit." Gideon indicated a smoothed out log repeatedly used for this very purpose. It's become slighly more comfortable over the years and it helped the kids to relax a little more. "So you like to burn things. So far just inanimate objects. But you are more than perfectly aware of how very flammable you are due to your heritage right?" Gideon asked, knowing that her attitude was going to provoke Ebony into a response instead of sullenly shutting down.

"I'm not stupid alright? Geez I just like to burn things. I don't have a death wish, I've never meant to catch myself on fire and I'm not sorry for it. Can I go back now, I'm actually interested in this one." Ebony demanded.

"No." Gideon replied with a smile. The vampire was feeling bold, still buoyed by the witches' blood. The afterglow of feeding would fade off in a day or so, but she was going to be near intolerable the entire time. Power high. "If I want to sit with you here the entire time your intake is out there playing with the nice, pretty and burnable things, then that's what I'll do. How did you start burning things?"

The vampire frowned at the question. "I grabbed them and burned them that's how. Wow, how stupid are you."

Gideon felt the smile on her face take a slight predatory gleam. "So you just lit fire to your desk, school books, barbie dolls..... tell me about that first time."