Never Argue With a Madman

Walking ahead of a group of for lack of a better term, children, Gideon felt like she needed some kind of musical instrucment to complete the Pied Piper effect. None of the troubled teens following her caught on to the entertaining irony of how easily they all followed after her, so Gids decided to keep the smile toned down so as to not tip them off.

They were all still probably trying to figure out how exactly she'd escaped the bonds they'd tied her in. The ropes hadn't been cut, there wasn't a signle knot left in them and there was no sign of how the House Councillor had managed the feat. And to maintain the air of supercool bossness that she had going, Gideon couldn't point out that escaping from a rope isn't the hardest thing to do when the person tying you up has no experience, doesn't want to hurt you and is in a hurry to GTFO. It might occur to them eventually and she really hated giving away spoilers.

Of course, intake five's meekness and docile attitude fell away the moment they were behind closed doors, a fact that Gideon noted because it meant that every single one of them was already learning to be aware of the environment around them more. Curiosity and attitude didn't get the better of them this time and the smile on Gids' face was tinted with pride.

Sitting on her now well established perch on the mantle, Gideon waited for the kids to sit down and settle. If they were gonig to be spending valuble sleeping time with questions, it might as well be comfy. Though when every signle intake member tried to blurt their question out at the exact same time, things degenerated into arguements fairly quickly.

"Why does Jasper hate you so much?" the convict asked.

 At the same time the cat girl Luna asked, "How do you think you can help me when you've never had to be physically different? People can't look at you and see what a freak you are." Which of course started it's own issue.

Trinity, the witch, was about as empathetic as wet socks. She heard the cat girl's question and immediately went on the attack. "You're pathetic. Most women like to buy fur coats to wear. You've got natural leopard print all over, do you know how much that would cost as a jacket? What I'd really like to know is when I can have my magic back!" Trinity huffed, the twitch in her eye indicating her increasing withdrawal symptoms.

"Who the hell are you to talk to her like that? Why don't you try shutting up until you have something useful to say." Peter defended Luna, physically putting himself between the cat girl and the witch.

"I don't think she's gonig to answer any questions if we're all talking over each other and fighting." Ebony pointed out while Gideon just stayed quiet, letting the kids verbally duke it out. Sometimes a Councillor needed to step in, but sometimes the kids just needed to blow off some steam. The trick was knowing the difference between the two times.

Amazingly enough, intake five listened to the vampire. They looked at her and quieted down, which seemed to surprise the young vamp as much as it did the intake. Gideon just nodded, having seen that glimmer of leadership in the girl's rebellious nature. She rebelled more out of a desire to state her own opinion than to defy her parents. The Councillor was pretty certain that the vampire was a natural leader, she just needed to be given a chance to make mistakes and learn when there wasn't a pair of traditional parents waiting to swoop in on her 'failure'.

"Thank you Ebony." Gideon said when everyone fell quiet. The vampire smiled slightly and ducked her head, not able to blush but her body language saying proud yet shy. "One," Gideon held up her hand and lifted a finger to point at Trinity, "you don't get to ask any questions. The challenge was to disable the traps, not mock those that fell to them. You assisted once but never actually disabled any traps yourself. Sit down, shut up and get your head out of your ass. You haven't gotten your magic back yet because you've shown no indication of even trying to amend your ways. We wouldn't let a bank robber back out of prison if he still had a safe cracking kit in his garage, we sure as hell won't let one spoiled, black magic addicted witch access to her magic again when she let loose a Wild Call and hasn't even apologized to the intake she almost destroyed." Gideon turned her attention off the flabberghasted witch before she could form a reply.