eight

anxiety gripped preston by the neck as he turned down the road to where rob lived. his knuckles were white with how hard he was trying to keep himself in a normal state. he was scared, in all honesty he was scared to see what had happened. and it was his first fucking time meeting the guy?

pulling his phone out from his pocket, he quickly slowed his car and texted the other.

preston 🔥: i see the house, are you outside?

rob 🌸: I'll be out. I'm packing my shit.

pulling up to the drive way, preston tapped his fingers. fighting with himself to see if he should go up or not. finally, he turned off his cars engine, stepping out and walking up to his friends [?] house. he quickly knocked on the door, it being tossed open to the guy he's only seen in tumblr selfies and cosplays. robs eye was blackened, a busted lip and tear stained face was all preston could see. 

"h-hi." preston stuttered, blinking and smiling awkwardly, even with a beat up face rob was still attractive. "are you okay?"

rob nods, clearing his throat as he adjusted his duffle bag. "yeah. i'm f-fine. thank you for picking me up preston."

"that's what friends are for, right?"

rob smiled, shutting the door and motioning to preston's car. "is that your car?"

preston nods in response, pulling out his keys. "what a-are you doing with that bag?" 

rob blinked, his face dusting pink as he opened the passenger side of the black mini cooper preston owned, "i'm going to stay at a motel for a while, u-uh my dad kinda got angry with me for still living at home."

"did he- uh- is he the cause of your bruises?"

rob shook his head, glancing out the window before blinking the tears that mustered in his eyes once more. "that was jerome and vik. they're p-protective wh-hen it comes to lachlan and they got angry when i-i broke it off with him. but i don't understand considering he was a dick, but i-i love him so,"

"you broke up with him?"

"yeah. i did."

"i'm sorry rob,"

"i-it's fine. i just need a break."

after a moment of silence, preston spoke up again. 

"instead of staying in a dingy motel or something, do you want to stay with me?"

"i couldn't. i already made you wasted gas to get me."

"i insist, just until you get back on your feet?"