Ch.3

She collected her papers off of the ground as the after school bell rang, after the hallways were almost empty. Apparently, this school didn't like knew students or mute kids.
"So do you talk?" Asked a boy, bending down to help her. She shrugged her shoulders.
"Haven't decided if you want to yet?" She nodded as they stood up. She saw a tall boy with brown hair.
"You know any sign language."
A little.
" I used to have a deaf friend so I can understand you. He moved away.She nodded as they began to walk.
"Your not shy. You just don't talk. I already noticed that." She nodded, heading to the bike rack. "So, you wanna get some smoothies?" Maya smiled. "I'll take that as a yes."
Although Maya didn't speak, they had a nice time. At the end, though, someone pushed her off her bike when she was going slowly, waiting for the boy, Alex, to catch up. Her arm bleed and he toom her home.
"You're from this family?" She nodded.
"Wow. A lot of siblings." She nodded, again, knocking on the door. Kermit opened.
"Hi, Maya, Alex." Kermit had met Alex before because he lived next door, which Maya didn't know yet.
"Maya, your arm." He said, noticing it.
"What happened?"
"She was pushed."
"You're grade is like second graders." He said, examining he arm.
"Tell me about it. I'll see you around, Maya." He said. Kermit brought her inside but Maya didn't let him clean her arm. She did it herself before going to her room. She sat with the door unlocked and it opened, revealing Michael.
"We're not actually related, I know you won't tell and my date cancelled so we're going to play a game." He said, closing the door. Maya shook her head, finding herself to be smashed against the wall with his lips on hers. She kicked but he shoved her to the grounds and kicked her until she could barely fight back, then taking her clothes off and raping her.
That night, Maya laid in her bed, ontop of the sheets, staring at her ceiling when her father entered with her dinner.
"I don't want you to go hungry." Maya didn't look as he placed it down.
"You feeling okay?" She turned to the window and curled up. He moved her hair from her face.
"I know you don't like me. But maybe living here can help mend our relationship." She just shut her eyes.
"Is something else wrong? Really, Maya, you're acting stranger then normally." She shook her head.
"Eat up."
The next morning, after Maya left for school and Kermit was about to leave for work, he entered he room to see the full plate. He wanted to be mad but even if he hadn't seen the girl grow up, he knew something was up. This happened twice more and Friday night came.
"If you don't want the food, then I'm not wasting food, so if you want it, you come out here." Maya remained still. "Fine. Be unappreciative and starve!" He looked at the girl again. "Maya. I'm sorry I yelled. The foods out here if yiu want it." He closed the door. He could here the whispers through the door.
"You can't let her starve." Said his wife, Lauren, who had been far more concerned then him, even though he was.
"I can't force the food down her throat." She opened the screen and climbed out onto the tree to meet Alex and the bottom. Her new parents knew she did this but had no control of it. They at least trusted Alex. Suddenly, her foot slipped and her body fell hard to the ground.
"Ow!" She called out. "Alex! Ow!" He chest was feeling as if it where being crushed and her ankle felt as If it had ben bent enough to touch her toes to her shins, which for a moment, it was almost.
"Maya." He ran to her. One of the younger girls ran out. All but the two older girls and the oldest boy were nice and beginning to see Maya as a person when she was actually around.
"Dad!" She yelled, running inside.
"It hurts."
"It's okay. It's okay, Maya." He said as she started to drift off.
"Ow." She said, falling into blackness.