Ch.22

"Come on. You've been walking around like your dog died for two months." Said Riley as they walked out of the classroom.
"Easy for you. She actually talks to you."
"Well, whens the last time you called her?"
"Last week."
"Well, try." He pulled out his phone and dialed her number. No answer.
"Let me try." No answer. "I'm sure she just hasn't taken her phone out of her backpack yet. I mean, school just ended. I'll text her."
"Okay."
"Topanga's?" Asked Farkle.
"Yep." Three days passed and their was no answer. They were all sitting down at Riley's when she switched on the TV.
"And the youngest, 8 year old, Charlotte, gone missing three days ago after their brother, Michael Hart, was found not guilty of raping the three girls when blaming Maya Harts injures on a recent surfing injury and a twenty-two foot fall from a tree, over six months ago. They were last seen in Georgia on Friday night around 8:30pm and it is possible that they went north. Their father says that Michael had most likely raped Maya the night before their disappearance, having not seen either of them for hours."
"She's on her way here." Said Lucas.
"I know." Said Riley.
"Kids-" began Cory.
"And I'll be their lawyer." Interrupted Topanga.
"Maya's not coming here."
"Have some faith in her."
"I have some faith in her. I have enough faith to know that she's not dumb enough to drag those children here where they will be sent back there."
"We'd hide them." Said Lucas.
"I know you'd try. But if the police are going to look anywhere, it's here. And she knows that."
"She's not an idiot." Said Farkle.
"But she knows we'll protect her and she knows we wont let them take those girls back."
"They will tear them from us." Said Cory. "No matter what we do. But if she decides to be an idiot and shows up at that door, we will still try."
Right then, there was a knock on the door. Lucas sat up, hopefully.
"Police. Please open up." He collapsed in his seat, again as Cory let them in to make sure Maya was not there.