Ch.6

Maya laid in her bed, her ankle killing. She had had surgery three days before. She looked out her window at the moist December day. It wasn't right for her. Next to her, where three uneaten meals. Her father had gotten pissed but once again apologized and questioned why. He walked in with another.
"I have a ticket for you to go home for the holidays. All you have to do is eat this." He handed her the plate and held up the ticket, which she read. She placed the plate down, stood up and hugged him. "You have to eat you're dinner." She nodded and sat down, forcing it down her throat. After a while, she ended up throwing up in the bathroom. Lauren ran in and put her hand on her back.
"Her stomachs not used to it." She said to Kermit who was in the doorway.
"I'm sorry." Said Maya, quietly.
"I've never heard you speak."'said Lauren. "And you don't have to be sorry." She lead her out into the hallway where Michael have her a cruel look.
The youngest girl, Charlotte, ran up to her.
"Maya. Aria and I need someone else to play dolls with us. Can you?"
"You feeling well, enough?" Maya nodded. She crutched into the seven year olds, Sarah's room, along with the twelve year old.
"Is Michael mean to you?" Asked Aria.
She nodded. "He doesn't talk to me. It kinda hurts my feelings. I know he hangs out with you because I've seen him go in your room a few times."
"Don't worry about having him talk to you. You have nine other siblings who I think you would enjoys company far more."
"I have to agree." They began to play with the dolls, Maya thinking about going home.
A week later, she was crutching through the airport. The bruise on her face was fading a lot but it still hurt to breath a lot of the time.
The airport wasn't too busy so she sat, looking out the window, slowly forcing herself to eat a few gummy bears as the sun came up.
The flight seemed far too long for her. She tried not to think much about where she was going because she didn't want to get anxious. When she finally got there, she took a cab to her old apartment and knocked on the door.
Her mom opened.
"Maya?"