Ch.28

Maya was thankful that the screen was not large as the man pressed play. She didn't look at the screen but at the table she was sitting at. It was only crashes and bangs at first. When the phone was thrown, Maya really tensed up. You could see Michaels legs before Maya was thrown to the ground in front of the camera. She looked terrified and he came down, kissing her. Her friends turned to her as she stared at the table, harder. Finally, the clip ended. Michael was sent to jail. Maya seemed pretty happy but in the way back, as she and Lucas sat in the back of the car, she said nothing.
"It's all over, now." Said Lucas. "I'm so sorry, Maya." He said wrapping his arms around her. She spoke only loud enough that Lucas could make out her words.
"I don't know why I'm upset and I feel like I'm saying 'oh poor me' and I don't want to. I should be happy that it's over and move in but I can't." She said. He spoke just as quietly.
"You have every right to be upset and you're not pitying yourself. You protected your sisters and this is something that I'm sorry to say, but it's going to scar you for life. You went through a lot. Give yourself some credit." He squeezed her in the hug as two or three tears dripped from her eyes. "You can cry." He whispered. She shook her head as she tried to hold it back. She turned her head into his shoulder. "It's okay." He began to stroke her hair as she took a breath, quietly and reluctantly crying. He kissed her forehead and looked back up. He saw Cory smile at him in the mirror. Riley was looking back at them with sympathy on her face.
'Your holding her.' She mouthed, smiling.
'I know.' He responded, a slight smile on his face before he took Maya's hands from her eyes so she couldn't wipe her tears.
"Cry." He whispered.
-------
A/N: I saw girl meets high school 1 last night. High schools not actually like that but then again, it's disney. Still good. Three chapters left!