Chapter Three- Rogues

"I don't know but I just hope we can stop them before they take something important." I said and for some reason, I thought about Noah.

Chapter Three- Rogues

Noah's POV

"I knew I shouldn't have left you alone!" Sage exclaimed when I finally told her what happened. "Are you okay, baby?" She grabbed my face and turned it every possible direction, looking for bruises. "Oh my poor baby!" She practically screamed before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I decided to keep the Ryder situation to myself, considering she probably wouldn't believe me and I didn't really believe it myself.

Ugh she's worse than my mother. I complained to myself.

"Get off of me." I managed to say as she hugged the breath out of me. I finally gathered enough strength to push her a little and she let go. "I'm fine."

"Well for now on, I am never leaving your side." she said as she put her arm around my shoulders and squeezed. I decided not to respond to that, considering she wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, so I just sighed instead. If she hadn't left my side in the first place, I wouldn't be in pain right now but I kept that comment to myself. "So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I nodded my head as I unlocked my front door and stepped inside. She smiled before turning and walking home.

Ryder's POV

"Do you hear that?" I asked suddenly, stopping Riley with my arm. I looked at the forest around us, looking for any sign of a threat. I heard another rustling of bushes and we both turned towards it. I sniffed the air and was hit by their smell. "Rogues." I stated before crouching down and growling at the wolf behind the bush. It wasn't until the wolf whined, did I hear more noise from behind us.

"Uh Ryder? I think we're surrounded." Riley said as I glanced around at our surroundings. Wolves were stepping out of the bushes and from behind trees. "Do you have a plan?" Riley crouched down as he growled at a grey wolf that was stepping closer. "Ryder?"

"I'm working on it." I stated before shifting before any of them could get any closer. I shook out my sandy brown fur and stretched. I haven't been in this form for a while and it felt great to be back. Some of the wolves whined when they saw me and took a step back but didn't retreat. I heard the ripping of clothes and turned to see Riley also in his wolf form. He shook out his black fur as well and crouched down, prepared for battle.

Before I knew it, a rogue launched itself at me but I retaliated quickly. I pinned the wolf to the ground and bit into his neck. Another wolf jumped on my back, causing me to loss my balance and fall to the ground. I kicked it off with my hind legs before standing back up. "You know what I like? Plans. Plans are great. Especially when you're being attacked by a bunch of crazed rouges!" Riley said through the mind link. I looked towards him and watched as he fought against a rogue. I saw another wolf running towards him and pounced at it before it could hurt Riley.

"I have this under control." I said back to him through the mind link as I ripped the wolf's throat out. There had to be atleast fifteen rogues left but I wasn't certain if we could handle all of them.

With eyes closed, I turned my nose towards the sky and howled to the moon, hoping my father could hear my call for help and join our fight. Riley joined my side and we glared at the wolves infront of us. I snarled, my ears down and teeth barred.

I lunged towards one and scratched his face as another attacked me from the side. We fell to the ground and he ended up on top of me, snapping at my neck. I clawed his face and kicked him off of me. I felt sharp teeth puncture my leg and I cried out in pain. I kicked off the wolf that was biting me and went straight for his neck, biting into it.

As I went to attack another one, I saw Hunter and a few other pack members running towards us. They immediately started fighting and I was grateful.

/ / / / /

"This is the sixth attack in the last two weeks." Riley reminded me as we walked down the hall and towards my room. It was starting to get annoying. It was like he was constantly reminding me how bad of a leader I was or at least that's what I thought.

"Don't you think I know that?" I snapped as I pushed the wooden door open. "We just have to keep tracking them until we get something but until then, we stay calm." I fell back on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"What do you think they want?" Riley asked as he laid down beside me.

"I don't know but I just hope we can stop them before they take something important." I said and for some reason, I thought about Noah.