Chapter Twenty Six- His

We knew each other for a short time but even before we met, we were already made for each other. He was mine and I was his.

Chapter Twenty Six- His

Noah's POV

All of a sudden, everything was different. I looked down on everyone and they all looked up at me. My vision was clear and my senses were heightened. Most importantly, my strength was more advanced than before. There was sense of power within me and surprisingly, I enjoyed it.

I looked back at my mate, who looked just as shocked as everyone else did. His steps were hesitant but his glowing eyes never left mine. He still stood a couple inches taller than me but he looked down at me with a new glow in his eyes.

He nuzzled my neck with his snout and I let him, closing my eyes as I felt his soft fur caress my neck. He licked my nose with his long pink tongue before his ears fell flat on his head. I could hear his thoughts - all of them.

He hated himself for leaving me alone.

He hated himself for not being able to protect me.

And he hated himself for being a horrible mate.

It was then that I realized that he didn't stand up, straight and tall. His eyes were glassy and lost some of their color. He bowed his head, a sign of submission, causing my wolf to whine and try to pick his head back up. At the moment, I couldn't find the right words. I just licked his cheek before burying my face where his neck and shoulder met and he did the same.

++++++++

I found him in his room. He was standing in front of the window seat, staring out into space. I wrapped my arms, from behind, around his waist, pushing my face into his back. His shirt smelt like clean laundry mixed with nature.

"I don't understand how you can bear to hug me right now," he said in a strained voice. His arms were crossed and I could see his jaw was clenched. 

He was angry at himself and I hated that he thought I hated him too.

"Because I love you," I replied. I came to stand on the seat in front of him. I was a few inches above him, causing him to look straight up at me. I cupped his face in between my small pale hands. "I don't care how many times I get kidnapped, as long as I come back to you, it's okay."

"I failed to protect you," he whispered as he stared at my lips before bringing his gaze back up to my eyes. Our faces were close, our breaths mixing together as they fanned each other's face. 

"You came to get me, didn't you?" I closed my eyes and connected our foreheads together. "There is nothing you can do, that will make me love you less."

"What did I do to deserve you?" he asked as he placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer so my toes were hanging off the edge of the seat.

"I think the real question is, are you going to kiss me or are we just going to stand here?" 

He chuckled before he pressed his lips to mine for a brief second. He picked me up and my legs wrapped around his waist instantly. I grabbed his face and brought it to me, our lips finding each other. I let my lips part as we deepened the kiss, our lips fitting perfectly. 

++++++++

My head rested on his chest as I listened to his heartbeat thud against my cheek, beating in rhythm with mine. His warmth surrounded me as I tried to cuddle further into his side. The night sky was a dark blue, illuminated by small, white lights. The grass felt wet and damp against my skin as the sound of the river flowed around us. 

"You know I love you, right?" I whispered as I drew circles on his stomach with my fingertips. 

"I figured." he said with a chuckle. "You know how much I love you?" 

"How much?" I asked as I sat up a little to look him in the eye.

He sat up too and pulled a black box out of his pocket. "Enough to ask you to marry me."

I was a little shocked at first but after I let the news sink in, I was elated. The idea of being married to Ryder, felt right. This is where I was meant to be, next to my mate while we loved each other. We knew each other for a short time but even before we met, we were already made for each other. He was mine and I was his.

There really was no need for marriage because we were already meant for each other and nothing would seperate us but to make it official, I would marry him.  

"Why, Ryder, are you asking for my hand in marriage?" I mocked as I held my hand to my chest.

"I don't know, maybe. Only if you say yes." 

"And if I say no?"

"I'll keep asking until you say yes." His smile reached his eyes, causing the skin by his eyes to crinkle. He looked vibrant and his smile was contagious. 

"I'll say yes," I began as I stood up and brushed off the dirt that accumilated on my pants, "if you can catch me." I started to run as I shifted in mid air. The breeze blew through my coat as my paws pounded against the forest ground.

The feeling of having a strong body and massive amounts of fur coating my back was new to me.

But before I knew it, a light brown wolf was running along side me. 

You're not fast as you think you are. he teased through our mind link.

Wanna bet on that? I teased back before stopping for a second and going the other direction, leaving him confused for a split second. He caught up pretty quickly and we continued to run side by side. We would playfully bump into each other as we tried to out run one another. The night ended with the sound of our howls mixing and paws smacking against the ground. 

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE PLZ READ::

So after I update this, I will also update the first chapter of the second book. I had decided that I will just go ahead with the Riley and his mate thing and trust me, you guys are gonna like it. There are gonna be alot of old characters that y'all havent heard from in along time so look up the book, My Beta(My Alpha Series Book 2 boyxboy) or just go to my profile.. thanks. Lots of love, Blaine <3