Chapter Eight- Help Me, Again

He looked at me with so much love, it left me speechless. "I care too much about you to let you go. You mean the world to me and I know it sounds weird but no matter what you do, you can't get rid of me."

Chapter Eight- Help Me, Again

Ryder's POV

"We lost them again." Riley stated as he shifted back to his human, naked form.

"What now? We missed school for nothing." A member of my pack, Julia, said as she shifted into her human form as well. I shifted too and glared at my pack.

"We didn't miss school for no reason. We may have lost them but we did stop them from coming anymore farther into our territory." I said, sternly. "Now, Hunter, take your wolves and go do a perimeter check."

"Yes sir." my father said as he took off with a few wolves trailing after him. Shifting back into my wolf, I took off towards the mansion, knowing my pack was following. When I reached the front door, I shifted back and pulled on my shorts that were discarded onto the ground.

"What are we going to do? We keep losing them." Riley said from behind me as we walked into the building.

"We wait. I'm trying my best, okay? Just let me handle it." I replied. I walked into the kitchen, where my mother and Riley's mother were making lunch.

"Ryder, I am your Beta. I have some say in what you do," he said as he grabbed my arm and turned me around. He was already getting on my nerves and touching me the way he did, didn't help. I glared at him as I snatched my arm back.

"Don't touch me and you may be my Beta but I'm still Alpha. You go by my orders, not the other way around." I turned back towards my mom and kissed her on the cheek, taking a sandwich from the plate in front of her. I took a bite of the sandwich and walked out of the kitchen, bumping into Riley on purpose. I was walking towards the stairs when I felt a weird feeling in my chest.

It felt something was wrong but I couldn't quite place what it was. I sniffed the air but smelt no rogues. I couldn't figure it out until I smelt blood. Not just anyone's blood- Noah's blood.

Noah's POV

"I see Ryder isn't here to protect you." Brad said as he glared at me. He was holding me up by my shirt and I was afraid it was going to rip. "I guess I'll just have to take advantage of this time." He held his fist up before it connected with my face. Wanting to escape the situation, I bit his wrist, causing him to let me go, giving me a chance to make a run for it.

"Oh no, you don't." I heard Brad say from behind me. I was dragged back by my collar and was pushed to the ground. I watched in terror as he bent over me and sent his fist flying towards my face again. This punch was harder then the last one and made blood spill from my nose. I brought my hands down to my nose and cried out. I thought I was done with this. I guess even Ryder couldn't protect me.

I waited for the next punch or even a kick but it never came. I opened my eyes that closed on their own and took in the scene before me. A shirtless Ryder, which was a beautiful sight, was holding Brad by his shirt and punching him, relentlessly. Ryder punched Brad once more, his biceps flexing as he did so, leaving a black eye and from the cracking of bones, a broken nose too. He left Brall fall to the floor, his body bouncing from the inpact. He immediately stood back up and ran like his life depended on it.

I sat up and leaned against the lockers for support, wiping my nose. "Are you okay?" Ryder asked as he bent down in front of me.

I was most definitely not okay. My head was spinning and my nose felt like it had been shattered into a million pieces.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just dizzy." I said as I put my hand to my forehead. He wiped my nose with the pad of his thumb and cupped my cheek, kissing my lips gently. The simple gesture relieving the pain I was feeling.

His lips were soft against mine. I will admit that they were a little dry but I liked the feel of the scratchiness.

"You know that I will always protect you, right?" I looked into his eyes and nodded. He looked at me with so much love, it left me speechless. "I care too much about you to let you go. You mean the world to me and I know it sounds weird but no matter what you do, you can't get rid of me."

"T-thank you." was all I could say as he kissed me again.

"Noah? I have a confession to make and I know it may sound crazy but," I nodded my head, letting him know to continue. He took a deep breath before looking me square in the eyes. "I'm a werewolf."