Chapter Twenty One- Joined as One

A smile spread across my face as I realized what we had just done. 

Chapter Twenty One- Joined as One

Noah's POV

Night before the day they leave

"Just let me see him for like two minutes." I begged Riley as I tried to get past him. Everytime I stepped one direction, he stepped right in front of me.

"Noah, no. The moment you step foot in there, he's literally going to eat you up." he said but I didn't believe him. I could see Ryder through the glass of the door and he seemed perfectly stable, just reclining back in a chair and throwing a tennis ball against the wall. Instead of arguing, I had an idea.

"Ok whatever. Just make sure he's ready to leave tomorrow night and don't tell him a word about it." I said with a smile before I started walking away to the bathroom across the hall from Ryder's cage. I waited until Riley decided to go to bed before I hurried out of the bathroom and headed for Ryder's door. Inside the room, I could see Ryder reading a book I believed to be a Roald Dahl classic. 

He would smile, at the book, every now and then and I hated to bother him. I checked my surroundings before lightly knocking on the door. His head snapped up and looked towards the door, a smile forming when he saw it was me.

He opened the door and let me pass through before closing the door tight. "What are you doing here?" he asked as he looked down at me, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"I missed you." He lightly pecked my lips before smiling again. "Would you mind-if I-you know." 

"No, I don't know." he mocked me with a smile. 

"Can I stay in here for the night?" If possible, his smile grew larger as he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me quickly, leaving me to want more. 

"I would be more than delighted to have you here." He kissed me one more time and when he pulled away, I realized his eyes were glowing yellow. It was hard trying to resist looking him straight in the eye. A blush crept on my cheeks as I looked around the surprisingly, spacious room. 

A television set with an XBox and a couple of movies sat on the nearest wall, leaning on the opposite wall was a king sized bed. Couches lined the wall, which was covered in windows, while a chair sat in the corner of the room next to an oak wardrobe. 

I walked over towards the tv and looked through the stack of dvds. A light blue disk caught my attention and I popped it into the DVD player. When I stood up, Ryder was already spread out on the bed, hands behind his head. 

"What did you put in?" he asked as I snuggled into his side and shrugged my shoulders. As we continued to watch the movie, I realized the film was extremely sad. At the very end of it, tears were falling from my eyes at a rapid pace. 

I looked up at Ryder and realized he wasn't even crying. He looked down at me with a smile and wiped away my tears with the pad of his thumb. "I don't like seeing you cry." he stated.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have so many sad movies in here." I said back. He trailed the tips of his fingers down my side, causing me to giggle and slap his hand away. 

"Is someone ticklish?" he asked as he acted fake surprised. I shook my head quickly and held his hands in front of me so he wouldn't try and tickle me.  "I think someone is." He smirked before he pulled his hands out of my grip and began ravishing his hand up and down my side, making me scream out in laughter as my legs thrashed around. 

He sat up but his hands never left my side. "Ryder, stop! I can't take it!" I kept exclaiming as I tossed from side to side but I only got chuckles in response from him. Eventually, he stopped, leaving me out of breath.