Chapter Twenty Two- My Hero

Sorry it's been taking so long to update. Time flies by so fast, especially since my birthday was like two days ago. This chapter may be short idk (school causes me to write short chapters. one word: stress) but the next chapter will be more interesting. My new book, Love Me, will be coming out next month so make sure to look for that. Ok enjoy ily

 I cupped his face and forced him to look at me. "I love you, Ryder, and you are my hero."

Chapter Twenty Two- My Hero

Noah's POV

I woke up the next day in a pair of warm, protecting arms. My whole body felt renewed and overall- different. Smells were becoming stronger to me, like I could smell everything in the house - including downstairs. My vision was beyond clear and I could see every single detail. Not to mention, my hearing. Every sound was amplified times twenty and that would take some time to get used to.

I sat up, slowly, as to not wake up Ryder, and climbed out of bed, making sure to slip on a pair of basketball shorts that I found on the ground, not even bothering to put a shirt on. The door creaked as I pushed it open, the sound louder than usual. 

I took a couple steps outside the door while my backside was still hurting from last night's events. The whole house smelled like food and my stomach grumbled. I felt like I could eat a whole cow. I, quickly, went down the stairs, not giving a second thought to the amount of pain I was in.

I followed my nose to the kitchen, where a woman was placing food out on the counters. Strange because I didn't know that the cabin came with a chef. The counters and tables were piled with food, probably enough to feed a whole pack. Right when I entered the room, she snapped her head in my direction and her lips spread into a smile.

"Good morning, Alpha." she said as she blushed deeply. 

"Good morning." I said as I examined the pancakes on the nearest counter. Before I saw him, I heard footsteps from way above and immediately, I could tell it was Ryder. I could hear him talking out loud to himself. I could smell him as he got closer and walked down the stairs. 

When I heard him right behind me, I turned around and engulfed him in a huge hug. "Woah, someone missed me." he said sarcastically as he was taken back by my hug but recovered almost immediately. "How are you feeling?" 

"I feel amazing!" I exclaimed as I jumped up and down. "I see, hear, and smell everything. Is this how you feel like everyday?" 

"Ha yea but its even better when I'm in wolf form." he said as he smiled down at me with amusement in his eyes. I just muttered a 'wow' as I tried to imagine what it would be like. "Wanna see what else we can do?" I looked up at him.

I love you. 

I screamed in response. "Did you- just- my-"

"Yes, yes I did. But there's so much more than that." My mind was literally blown and all I could do was just sit there and stare at him with a surprised face. This whole thing was beyond cool. He chuckled as if he read my thoughts before throwing his arm over my shoulder and leading me back upstairs. 

_____________________

Just hop on. Ryder said to me in my mind as I stared at the brown wolf I called my mate. I shook my head, quickly. I got you. It'll be okay. I slowly made my way towards him and climbed onto his back, holding on tightly and closing my eyes. 

Before I knew it, we were running at an impossible rate. It was scary at first but when I calmed down, it was peaceful. I focused my senses on everything around me. I focused on the way Ryder's muscles tensed and relaxed underneath by my fingertips. I focused on the way the wind blew through my hair in a soothing way. I focused on the smell of nature that surrounded me and all of this, made the experience wonderful. 

I felt free in this moment. Something that I have always longed for - peace and freedom. I wanted to stay out here and just waste the day away but I knew I couldn't. 

When we stopped, I climbed down off his back and gasped at the sight in front of me. Laying in front of us was a clear blue river. A waterfall stood on one side of the river while it flowed the other direction. The sun landed on the water in a way that it made it glisten.

"It's beautiful." I whispered. I heard him chuckle, catching my attention.

"I know you are," he said as pulled on some shorts, his chest bare. "Come on." He grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the water. The devious smile on his face scared me so I tried to pull away. "Oh no you don't." He picked me up bridal style as he ran towards the water and jumped in, causing me to scream.

When I came back up, I was gasping for air while my whole body was shaking from the freezing cold water. When he came up, I made sure to glare at him. "You're so going to get it." I warned as I wrapped myself up in my arms. 

"Aw my poor baby is cold." he mocked as he pulled me into his warm chest. 

"You're lucky I love you or you would have been dead by now." I looked down and could literally see my feet through the water. That is how clear the water was. The river was shallow. Standing up straight, the water stopped a little below my shoulders. On Ryder, it stopped at his elbow. 

"I love you too." he said as he kissed the top of my head before floating on his back and letting the water on his chest and abs gleam in the sun. 

We played around in the river until it got dark and then headed back to the cabin. It was getting awfully cold outside. Considering it was November and almost thanksgiving, it was normal weather. The  fire in the fireplace crackled as it brought light to the dark room. I was placed, comfortably, on Ryder's chest as we talked the night away. 

"You know, Christmas is coming up." he said after we were finished talking about how much school I had missed even though school didn't matter anymore. "I was thinking we could have a nice little dinner, like normal families do."

"Minus the werewolf part." I muttered. "Speaking of werewolves, when do I get to become one?"

"When the time is right. Let's not-"

'I wonder what color my fur is going to be." I said as I cut him off but continued to speak anyway.

"Noah, can we-"

"Just imagine me as a wolf. That would be so awesome."

"Noah, can we just indulge in the fact that you're still human." He said with a sigh. His thoughts hit me hard. He didn't want me to become "like him". He didn't want to be a beast and have to fight. He didn't want me to be what he is, a monster.

"Ryder, you're not a monster." I sat up in his lap and looked him straight in the eye. "You are far from a monster. Monsters don't love other people the way you do. Think of all the people you have helped and saved."

"And what about the people I killed? "

"You had no choice. Monsters kill for fun. You kill because you're protecting the people you love, that's what makes you my hero." I cupped his face and forced him to look at me. "I love you, Ryder, and you are my hero." I kissed him lightly on the forehead before laying my head on his chest and listening to the music of our hearts beating at the same time. Monster or not, I loved Ryder.