Chapter Twenty Four- Nightmares

I havent updated in forever and i am so srry. exams were all this week and i was having three hour basketball practices every day, i was just busy and exhausted so srry. this is short but my ratings are going down and I thought i should atleast get something out there. christmas break starts on friday so during the whole break, i'll make sure to spam yall with updates but until then, enjoy

"I won't. I promise." he said before he buried his face in my hair. "I won't leave your side."

Chapter Twenty Four- Nightmares

Noah's POV

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I questioned as he stared down at me with a shocked expression. 

"It's starting." he whispered with a sad look. I tried to read his thoughts but he blocked me out for some reason. He stood up and started pacing around the room, rubbing his face with the palm of his hands. "We need to go." 

He brought out the suitcases from the closet and began packing our clothes back into them. Confused, I walked to the mirror and peered at myself. My eyes were no longer their baby blue. They were a bright yellow. I took deep breaths in and out as to try and calm myself down. When I looked at myself again, my eyes were back to their original color.

"Here put this on." Ryder said from across the room. He threw a pair of jeans and jacket on the bed for me while he dressed himself. I pulled on the clothes and began helping Ryder pack, even though I had no clue what was going on.

I was ecstatic that I was finally beginning my wolf transition, if that's even whats happening. I thought he would be happy too but I guess not.

Minutes later, we were in the truck and on our way to the mansion. The truck was silent, except for the slow music in the background, and it stayed that way until we reached the pack house.

The atmosphere didn't feel right. Something felt wrong. Ryder ran into the house while I slowly walked towards it. Looking around me, I searched for a sign of life but there was none. It was dead silent like a ghost town and it made me nervous. 

When I walked into the house, the bad vibes hit me hard. The lights were off and the only light source was the outside. The room seemed gray and lonely while the air was still and quiet. I walked in carefully and started going upstairs, following Ryder's scent to his room. 

When I entered his room, security comforted me. I closed the door and found a spot on his green bed. His walls were painted green with a forest scene. I could tell he liked to be outdoors. I lied back against the pillows and stared at the ceiling. The ceiling resembled a starry night. The mixtures of blue blended together while white specks shined every now and then. I sighed to myself and closed my eyes, letting Ryder's scent lull me to sleep.

"Oh, stop your crying." he shouted at me again but I couldn't help it. The tears wouldn't stop. I could barely stand, my heart ached from the loss of my mate, and my body throbbed in almost every area. I covered my mouth with my hand and tried to suppress the cries. I rested my back against the cold gray wall and watched as he paced back and forth across the room.

"We haven't even made it to the big finale," he paused and held his arms out, " and you're already crying." He walked over and came to kneel a few feet away from me, knowing I was too weak to function. His under eye circles were darker than before, probably from lack of sleep. His nails were barely there and his teeth looked rotten. "Just wait 'till you feel what I went through, then you'll be really crying." 

I took all my strength and courage I had to spit in his face. His jaw clenched as he stared at me before he slapped me with the back of his hand, making me cry out. "Go to hell." I whispered as I stared up at his tall figure. 

"Not everyone likes a person with a temper." he stated before he exited the basement and slammed the door. My mouth held the taste of blood as I quickly spat it out. I crawled back into my corner and tried to put myself to sleep until I heard the loud bang of the door being thrown open. 

I looked up and watched as the same men came down with whips in hand. I already knew what was coming.

I woke up screaming, tears and sweat running down my face. Words kept floating through my mind and I couldn't think straight. The room was dark and I couldn't see, causing me to freak out even more. I sat up and covered my ears with my hands as I tried to shut out the constant phrases that ran threw my head. 

You've been a naughty boy. I think you deserve a beating.

I fell onto the floor and crawled until I found a corner. My breathing was becoming rapid and my eyes burned from the salty tears. I heard the door swing open as it connected with the wall, with a loud bang. 

Stop crying, you worthless piece of shit

Visions past before my eyes and I remembered the feeling of the whips cutting through my back and the laughs that the men would let out. I heard a distant yelling of my name but I couldn't tell who it was.

You deserve to be beat.

"Noah, breath baby." I heard the person say again before I felt their skin touch mine. I felt a rush of breath fill my lungs as my breathing began to calm. The thoughts began to fade and my fear was going away. "Its okay. I'm here." the deep voice said again as they pulled me to their chest. They kissed the top of my head as we rocked back and forth. Their smell filled my nose and it gave me comfort. 

It was him and that made everything better. My eyes remained closed as I clutched onto his t-shirt, that was stained with my tears. I fought to stay awake, for the fear of being haunted by those memories was too great. I forced my eyes open and tried to speak but my throat was scratchy from all the screaming and crying. "Shh it's okay. Go to sleep." Ryder said in a hushed tone as he ran his fingers through my hair in a calming matter.

"D-don't leave." I whispered as I held onto his shirt tighter. 

"I won't. I promise." he said before he buried his face in my hair. "I won't leave your side."