Chapter Fifteen- My Savior

I gathered all the energy I had left and limped towards him. I was only able to take three steps before I collapsed but this time, I collapsed into my mate's arms.

Chapter Fifteen- My Savior
Ryder's POV

(Earlier that day)

"Dad, I have something to tell you before we leave." I said to my father when he was done instructing a couple of men on what to do.

"What is it?" He asked, his hard, dark eyes starring into my light ones.

"Noah isn't just my friend. He's my mate." I said slowly. Many emotions swirled in his eyes, it was hard to identify just one.

"I know," he stated harshly. I could feel the disapproval and disappointment in his voice. "I don't know what I did for the spirits to curse me with a gay son." My stomach dropped. I never knew his words could hurt me so much and make my whole world go still. My father had never looked down upon me in such a way.

He studied my face before he continued speaking. "I will help rescue him since you are the Alpha but I refuse to accept that he is your mate. The spirits made a mistake." He didn't look me in the eyes the entire time and that made a horrible feeling cloud my chest. My heart contracted but tears did not fall from eyes.

He turned his back and started to walk away. I took deep breaths and thought for a moment. I am the Alpha. I refused to be spoken to in such a manner and no one was allowed to speak ill about my mate. I was gay whether my father liked it or not and I would stand by Noah no matter what anyone said.

"Noah is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I will not stand by and let you ruin that." I stated with a stern tone that made him turn around quickly and narrow his eyes at me.

"You can disown me." I paused and took a step toward him. "You can beat me." Another pause and step. "And you can ignore me but there will not be a day when I will not love Noah. I am gay and you might not accept it but I accept it." I took two more steps and looked down at the man I once called my father. "You may be my dad but if you lay a finger on my mate, I will make your life a living hell."

I looked him straight in the eye before turning and walking inside the mansion, leaving him alone, my speech replaying through my head while a devious smile lingered on my lips. I finally accepted it and I needed to tell Noah that.

______________________________________

"Where is my Noah?" I asked in a dangerous tone. We just made it to the abandoned house and I could sense Noah 's presence. Not only his presence but I could smell his blood and that just made me even more angry.

"Now, nephew, don't you think you're being a little rude?" Christopher said, looking calm for someone that was about to be dead. I snarled at him and watched him with narrowed eyes. "Fine. We'll do it your way." he stated before he shifted into his huge black wolf. He looked even more crazy in wolf form and it almost made me feel bad for him - almost. Key word: Almost. No way was I gonna feel bad for him now since he hurt my mate.

But even at first glance, you could tell he was rogue, driven by loss and desperation. It was just how my parents told me, the loss of a mate only leads to the ruin of a wolf, driving them either insane or dead or both. I pitied my uncle and I hate for how things ended between him and our family. But the capturing and torturing of my mate was nothing something I could forgive.

Snarls and growls could be heard all around us as my pack fought against the crazed rogues. We circled around each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. I lounged forward and snapped my teeth at his hind leg. He moved quickly and I missed. We began circling around each other again and I knew he would try to make the move this time.