Chapter Twelve- I Can't Stay Away

My eyes finally drifted close and the last thing I heard was Noah's piercing scream.

Chapter Twelve- I Can't Stay Away
Noah's POV

I watched as Ryder stepped away from the girl and started walking towards me. "Hey, what's going on?" Sage said as she stepped outside next to us. I didn't respond as I took off running through the parking lot and to the car. "Noah!" I heard several voices yell. I didn't bother talking, I just banged on the car window and pulled on the door handle, trying to get it open.

I did not want to face Ryder or even hear whatever bullshit excuse he was going to give me. He left me for a woman, not even bothering to tell me or break up with me.

"Noah, what -are you okay?" Logan asked, breathless, as he caught up with me. Instead of words coming out of my mouth, sobs and cries of pain came out. He pulled me into a hug and I collapsed in his arms. I never remember being so emotional or even having this many feelings for someone. Ryder had changed me. My heart never hurt this much before. When I said I wanted to see Ryder, I wanted to see him by himself. Not with some chick hanging onto his arm like her life depended on it.

"Noah get in." I heard Sage say as the car doors unlocked. According to the stern and upset look on her face, I knew she knew what was wrong. She knew just like me how guys like Ryder were and how they treated people. I was stupid to not see past his lies. Logan opened the doors and was about to pull me into the car with him when I was pulled back by my arm.

"Noah, let me explain." Ryder said as he looked down at me, towering over my small figure. I was trying my best not to give in to him and his big brown eyes.

"Dude, back off." Logan said as he pushed Ryder's shoulder. I swallowed nervously as Ryder's eyes narrowed and I could already tell he didn't like Logan. "Noah, come on." He reached to take me in his arms but Ryder pushed him away.

"Who's he?" Ryder bellowed at me. I shrank back a little but couldn't find my voice to say anything. Logan grabbed me this time and pulled me into the car before Ryder had time to react. As we were driving away, I couldn't help but look at Ryder's face. He looked beyond angry but I couldn't help see the sign of sadness. Logan's arms tightened around me, his breath hot on my neck.

Logan was too kind for standing up for me and protecting me but he had no idea who Ryder really was or what he was capable of. I had never seen such anger and disappointment in Ryder's eyes before and I hated myself for being the reason behind it.

Ryder's POV

I watched the car drive away and my heart sunk at the sight. I was angry and hurt that he was with someone else but apart of me knew this way, he was safe. He was safe with a human boyfriend. "What just happened?" Chloe, my cousin, asked me.

"My mate is safe. That's what happened."

_____

I paced back and forth on the cold, forest ground. My legs ached and my stomach growled, demanding food. I didn't know how long I had been out in these woods outside of Noah's house. I could feel his pain all the way from out here and it was driving me crazy. My hind leg finally gave out and I fell to the ground with a loud thud. A whine escaped my throat as I tried to push myself back up but it was no use. I had been running for days, just trying to get my mind off things but no matter what I did, I would always think of Noah.

The way his lips turned up when he smiled, exposing his one dimple. The hot red of his cheeks whenever I said a crude joke or touched him. The feel of our skin connecting and rubbing together, the electricity that ran through us. Oh how I missed the feel of his body against mine.

I was debating on whether to signal to my pack or to just rest out here and risk my chances of getting attacked my rogues. I looked up at Noah's window and decided to leave so I didn't attract any trespassers. I was too weak to fight off anyone.

Come on, legs. I thought to myself as I tried to stand up. Eventually after several tries, I was able to stand and walk - more like limp. I limped a couple feet before my leg gave out again and I fell with a whine. I looked up and howled, signaling my pack for help. I felt so pathetic and I didn't know how long I could stay away from Noah.

I heard rustling of bushes coming from my right. Thinking it was my pack, I laid down and waited for them to help. When nothing happened, I looked in front of me to find a large brown wolf looking down at me. Considering the crazed look in his eye, I knew he was a rogue. The sound of his growl filled my ears and I knew he was not happy.

I stood up on wobbly legs but fell back down seconds later. How pathetic of me. An Alpha wolf laying on the ground, too weak to stand because he has lost his mate. I wonder what my pack would think of me, laying at the feet of an enemy.

The wolf took this as an opportunity and rammed into me, sending me flying and hitting against a tree. I had no energy to move and my eyes were closing slowly. My whole body didn't ache any more. It was like it just shut down.

I fought to keep my eyes open and to get up but my body thought otherwise. My eyes finally drifted close and the last thing I heard was Noah's piercing scream.