February 14, 2016

Period.

Cramps are going to be the end of me, Alice wondered, biting into her bottom lip as her pains worsened. Her cramps were usually the worst on the first day of her flow, primarily because Little Miss Creole just loved everything that's spicy and sour.

It was Valentine's Day, and guess what she was  doing tonight? Mourning over her abused pelvis.

She crouched over, burying her knees into her chest and whimpered silently. She remained in that cringed position because she was too afraid to move. She watched as Wendy adjusted her black dress; trying to pull the dress down to reach mid-thigh.

"Why would you buy a body-con dress if you're going to keep pulling it down?" Alice asked, staring at Alex as she flipped her hair and scoffed, "Just shut up."

Alice rolled her eyes, watching as Wendy readjusted her lipstick. She wore a deep red; almost as deep as her own hair color. Overall, Wendy looked absolutely stunning.

"You look great, cherie." Alice tried to sneak a smile, but just the moving that muscle sent a cry to her uterus. Wendy looked at Alice, a genuine blush of her face as she thanked her.

"It sucks you can't go." Wendy mumbled, "Dalé Aires is going to be deep tonight."

"Yuck, you're going to the club today?" Alice grimaced.

"I'm going to find a potential boyfriend for us! Hopefully, I can find a Puerto Rican. I heard they are the business, if you know what I mean. " Wendy replied, rolling her eyes. "Since I'm the only one who's trying for our family."

"I'm not looking for a man to take care of us."

"What about Michelangelo?"

"Why would I put him through having a crazy girlfriend and lunatic as her best friend?"

"Fuck off, Vinnie." Wendy scoffed, before pressing her lips against Alice's temple. "I'll see you tomorrow, buenos nachos."

"Noches, you idiot." Alice couldn't help to laugh when Wendy screeched a "Whatever!" as she ran out the door.

Alice sighed once she heard the elevator buzz downward until it stopped.  

It was Valentine's Day and she was ill. She could've gotten laid today. Even though, Alice thinks that's the most cliche thing, she would've done it if she wanted to.

Cue the "I'm a strong, independent black woman" speech.

After what had seemed to be an hour of long, hard thinking, Alice called Michael and ordered him to come over.

In about ten minutes, she heard the doorbell ring, and she had to mentally curse at everything in existence for the amount of pain and effort that had to come out just to open the door.

She huffed as Michael stood there; she widened the door, then walked back to the couch. She fell flat-faced on the pillow and groaned.

"I got this for you." Michael's voice was small, but Alice didn't even bother. She held up her hand and waited for whatever stupid prank Michael had in store. What she didn't expect is the plush surface of the object, which automatically caused her head to shoot up.

She couldn't contain her grin when she saw the chestnut color, medium sized teddy bear. Her heart fluttered and she held her arms high, and pretty soon, Michael's arms were on her waist as he hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much, Mikey-Poo." Alice whispered in his ear as she leaned back, allowing Michael to lay on her.

What? Periods made her loving.

Michael's body was warm against her burning abdomen, and Alice was actually thankful. They laid there, with Alice's hands on Michael's hair, slowly patting and combing through his hair.

"Not to be gay or anything, but I really like it when we chill like this." Michael's breath was blown into her chest with each word.

"Quit using the word gay as something that's negative, Michael."

"Sorry.." Michael mumbled, and after a few moments, he asked, "Who was your valentine this year?"

"Tylenol."

"Oh.."

"I'm kidding, Michael." Alice giggled, "To be honest, your Valentine's Day present was the only one I opened."

"Yeah, I saw those when I came in."

"Was Jocelyn an enjoyable Valentine?" Yes, Alice, she thought to her self, you're the petty queen.

"I actually wanted you to be my Valentine." Michael spoke in a low voice. Alice ignored the butterflies in her stomach, wishing it was her cramps instead.

"Michael, you can't be so cute when I'm in a sensitive mood like this." 

"What's wrong?" Michael asked, sitting up instantly.

"Period cramps." Alice said, and before she knew it, Michael was away in the kitchen. When he came back, he had a cup of hot tea.

"I remember Mama Hood telling me something about how tea relives internal pain." Michael said, "Not like depression, but like stomaches and shit."

Alice graciously thanked him, before chugging down on the hot beverage and falling into Michael's arms. Her legs were on either side of him, and her head laid near his ear. A position she often found herself in, and she absolutely adored it.

She couldn't just leave Michael empty handed.

He bought her a teddy bear, man. Michael doesn't seem like the romantic type. He chose her over his overnight buddy, like that's extra points for her ego.

Her body soothed against the rhythm of his fingertips on her spine and his low breathing behind her ear. Her heart raced as she sat up, watching as Michael's eyes dawned on her.

She bent over, and all the while her mind was racing, her lips fit on his, and from then on, her mind reached the finish line. It took Michael a minute to process what was happening, but before long, Michael's lips mirrored every act Alice did. "I appreciate you so much, Michael." Alice whispered, once she pulled away.

It felt like the world was united again, almost as if nothing could go wrong. Although, Alice's core was hot, but she had to neglect her need because she was on her period and how disgusting would that be.

Michael sighed, blowing a few strands of Alice's hair along. She hummed when he kissed along the space between her ear and neck, before he whispered, "What are you doing to me, Alice?"

•—•

I mean, it took them long enough to actually have some PDA, fucking hell.
I'm so happy about how this book is coming along and I hope you guys like it, too.
Even when you think you're alone and everything is going wrong, I care and things are going to get better.