February 29, 2016

Breathe.

"What the fuck do you mean by that, Alice?" Michael's face was already in a frown as he stared at his telephone, just wishing that he could fast-forward through his fight with Alice. He would've stopped ever since he saw her have freckle up, but he knew she was going to kick him out.

He didn't want to leave her.

"I mean, you can't be upset that I'm hanging out with someone besides you." Alice rolled her eyes as him as she loaded the dishwasher. She picked out one of the detergent packs, then settled it in the compartment.

It had barely been over two weeks since Alison and Michael had kissed. It's also been two weeks since Wendy ever elaborated on her experience with the Puerto Rican. It's would've been two weeks since Michael smoked his lungs out.

However, it's been two week since the two have been ignoring each other. It's not like they wanted to, but it was really uncomfortable locking lips with your best friend.

When they did meet up, like today, they were fighting about something pointless. It usually started as sarcastic remarks, one touching a little too deep, and then, everyone was upset.

"Why didn't you just stop me before I came here?" Michael stood up from he was seated now, walking behind Alice and she didn't even bother to face him.

"How was I supposed to know you were coming today?" Alice hummed quietly as she leaned over to  push the dish racks in before closing the dishwasher. "You've been ignoring me for the past weeks."

Alice's stomach flipped when Michael's body was pressed against hers and his fingers ran down her arms until they reached hers on the counter.

She was pressed against there and Michael found his place by her ear again. "I wasn't ignoring you, you were." Michael growled in her ear, "You're fucking with me and you know it."

"How am I fucking with you, Michael?" Alice's voice was strong and set, but her knees were quivering. Michael swayed their bodies in a nonchalantly fashion; the pace was steady.

Michael turned her around and Alice automatically found her place on the counter; with her legs dangling and Michael's body between her. "Did you know that ever since you kissed me," Michael bought her face to his, "All I could ever think about is your lips?"

Alice hummed lightly as he continued, "I need to feel them again."

"Michael, this isn't us." Alice sat back a bit, hoping to push him away. "We're just friends."

"Just like Calum and you?"

"Michael, get out."

Michael shot back, his toes curling as his voice dropped, "No! I'm not going to be away from you again."

"Michael, I don't want to see you right now, " Alice started, but once she heard the jingle of the door, her eyes pierced. The dangly dark haired boy laid his keys on the counter, ruffling his hair before glancing up at Alice. She met him half way, smiling as he laid a kiss on her cheek before looking at Michael.

Michael, cold faced and annoyed, scrunched his eyebrows at Scott. He tried counting to ten, breathing and whatever useless maneuver to stop him from beating Scott to a plum.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me, Alice." Michael cupped his fists closed, huffing when Alice pushed his away from getting his way at Scott. As Alice's hand laid on his chest, his expression melted. With a short breath, he said, "Don't tell me you're choosing him over me."

"Michael, don't make this a big deal."

For once, Michael didn't say anything back. He grabbed his leather jacket from the back of the chair,     grabbed his keys and left the room without a word or a glance.

Alice tried to keep a straight face as Scott asked her what was going on. Scott just wanted to help her bake the cookies for the bake sale at the hospital they were volunteering at.

She wanted Michael to feel how she felt when Michael bailed on her for sex, but what made her change her mind was when she heard Michael's bike shred down the quiet college complex.

She knew Michael was going to fuck something up, but how far he would go was something she didn't know.

When Michael stopped by the only bar on the the suburban outskirts of Baton Rouge, he expected to get absolutely shit-faced. He growled at the skimpy waitress when she scolded at him for drinking and leaving his cigarette ashes on the counter.

Mumbling a short, "Fuck you, you intolerant slob!" as she grabbed him by his collar and shoved him out. The quick movement, with his head swirling out, made his lungs flare up and a coughing fit begin.

The streetlights gleamed and bothered his soon-coming migraine; he called Alice. Too comatose to even remember his embarrassing moment with her, he kept dialing her number every time she deliberately sent him to voicemail.

"I'm fucked up, Alicio." He slurred, tumbling along  Barter Road and glaring at whatever hooligans tried to offer him their clearance items. He almost yelled at an elderly woman because she told him to make better decisions.

His mind raced with Alice, Alice, Alice. He thought about that sweet night on Valentines. He also thought about what she could've been possibly doing with Scott. Are they fucking? Is he even taking his time with her? What if he's forcing it on her?

Maybe it was the fact that Scott drowned his thoughts, or it was the fact that the guy with the bloody nose actually did step on his boots, but whatever it was, Michael was acting all of his anger on the poor guy.

"Watch where you're fucking going," Michael growled, holding the half-conscious against the brick wall by his collar. The guy feared Michael, his eyes were already swollen with the impact of Michael's fist. They begged him to let him go, and Michael wasn't going to.

That was until the flashing blue and red lights came into range, and even if he was piss-drunk, he knew tonight wasn't going to end well.