Chapter 1

Alice woke up in a small dark metal box. Alice was afraid of the dark. She stayed in her little corner behind a crate. She started to cry out of fear. She couldn't remember anything but her name and the phrase "wicked is good." The box finally stopped moving and a loud screeching noise echoed through the box. The sound of metal scraping against metal hurt Alice's ears. Light poured into the box and Alice was thankful for it, but she was still scared about why the light was here now, but not before.

"Huh, I can't seem to find the greenie boys," a boy's voice echoed in the box. Alice tucked herself further into her corner. The gladers took all the supplies out of the box. One of the boys picked up a box that blocked light from hitting Alice. When the next boy went to grab the other crate hiding Alice he saw her.

"Umm guys I think I found the greenie," a British boy said gesturing towards the Alice.

"You guys aren't gonna believe this, it's a girl... She looks like she is probably only 8 or 9," the British boy said signaling some of the others to come and look.

Alice quickly stood up and jumped out of the box with a small running head start. She made a break for it. She ran straight for the Doors.

"Dang she is a fast one," The British boy called out. Alice couldn't hear them she took a turn and headed in the forest corner or the glade.

After running a while, she came across a tall tree and climbed all the way to the top and looked out at the glade. Some of the boys, worried for the little girl ran into the forest having no idea she was even strong enough to climb a tree.